Copenhagen

Easy to quit. Done it dozens of times.
wink.gif

I quit years ago and never looked back. Used to smoke as well. Don't miss it now.
My wife quit smoking about 10 months ago and if she can quit there is no one who can't quit. She used Champix for a week or two. Has not had a drag since. Only thing is she's a crusader now. Nothing worse than a reformed smoker.
thumbup.gif

I'm just about giddy that she has quit. So is everyone else.

I quit smoking cold turkey two years ago but can't seem to quit dipping. Working at a feedyard were everyone chews doesn't help maybe I will try it for New Years

Well everyone today will be day one. Thank you for whoever started this thread. Have chewed since I was 18 and now I am 33. Quit once for 6 months but picked right back up. But it will stick this time have 3 small children and wife to think about. Can't say thank you enough!!!!

Dec 27th I went shooting with the family. On the way home I set my copenhagen aside. Started at 12 yrs old. Stopped at 45 1/2. Sure do miss it. At least the out of body experiences have slowed down.

Last edited:
Today is Day-35. Dipped for 30+ years. Took a few weeks to feel like a human being again. Quit by using nicotine gum, which tastes like it's made out of old latex house paint, but it kept me sane while I got weaned off. Switched over to regular chewing gum after Day-30. Hopefully, the cravings will go away before I develop TMJ in my jaw from all the gum chewing. I still reach for my back pocket 20 times a day, but I'm still glad I quit!!

I don't ever want to mess up, because I never want to go through that first two-weeks of quitting ever again!

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: HornetStingI would love to quit chewing. Nasty habit...

Yes, it is nasty.
You have no idea how nasty until you quit, and start watching other people doing it.

I quit on Christmas eve. My 4 year old daughter made me pinky promise so I had no choice
scared.gif

anyways, I haven't had one since but when I see somebody doing it I don't think it's nasty... I get jealous...

Started when I was 18 and I'm 29 now. TO be honest the first 3 days were a piece of cake... weird, I know. It's been a little tougher lately but the cravings only last a few minutes. I've been downing coffee by the gallon since I quit though.

The one thing I do enjoy is not waking up to a rotten mouth every morning! My god, didn't matter how many times I brushed my teeth every morning it tasted/smelled like something died in there!

Last edited:
stick with it.. The moment will pass and if you still have the cravings chew gum, use sunflower seeds.. Just about anything... Soon you will hate how sore your jaw is and not want to chew gum or sore from the sunflower seeds, same thing..

I quite dipping in 2003 after a can a day for a long time.. Super glad i did that..
I also quit smoking in 2005 and have been really happy I stopped that mess. I now see friends that still do, and am really glad i don't. It was hard for a year but then after that you don't even want to start again.. I see it, smell is and crave it, but don't really want to do it, since i know its a long road to stop.

Good luck to all of you that are stopping and I am with you for those that have, and are having a hard time.
I would tell you that if you fall off the wagon, it's OK, tomorrow is another day, don't beat yourself up, and be better tomorrow.

Well I have a little over a year under my belt and have not had so much as a crumb. I look back and wonder why in the world I let something control my life the way chewing tobacco did. I was hooked bad but no more !

Originally Posted By: Wyoming DrifterWell I have a little over a year under my belt and have not had so much as a crumb. I look back and wonder why in the world I let something control my life the way chewing tobacco did. I was hooked bad but no more !

Good on ya!!! Congratulations. Keep up the good work.
thumbup.gif

Wonder how the rest of the folks that quit during this thread are doing. Hope all have been successful.

Last edited:
I'm new to the forum, but thought I would contribute. I dipped for years and occasionally smoked. Smoking was easy to kick, but the dip, that was tough. I did it, twice. The first time I quit cold turkey and didn't have a dip for over a year. I took one road trip with a friend who also dipped. I said, "what the [beeep], I'll just have one". WRONG!! I was sucked in....AGAIN.

I decided to quit again after a few years, cold turkey again. I did it, it sucked and now I have been tobacco free for nearly 7 years with no desire to every put another dip in my mouth.

Good luck to everyone trying to kick the habit. I learned that you have to have some strong motivation to quit. Just saying, "I think I'll quit dipping today" isn't going to cut it. I read one guy say he quit on Xmas eve because he pinky swore with his daughter that he would quit. That's what does it right there. The second time I quit was after I had back surgery. My bones weren't fusing properly and it was because of the tobacco. I quit right then and there and never touched it again.

I started dipping while I was in the Army. Did it for about 3 years then quit two years ago. I was dipping about a can a day. In the morning I would stop at the store buy a can before work an repeat. Granted there are times I still want a dip I have also put on 15lbs since I quit dipping lol

Did it for years walked by my trash can out side 15 months ago threw the can away. Was a wonder I stayed married as I know I was a a$$hole some days. Still miss it but done with it.

July 3rd 2013 for me and it sucked dropping the 20 I put as well. I'm never going back.
Originally Posted By: N8WillSo far so good. Been a little over a year and still on the wagon. Now I have to lose the 20 pounds Ive put on.

5 dollars a day, 30 days per month, 1800 bucks saved. New rifle, new call, lots of bullets, 2 days off of work. Lots of good reasons to quit. Kudos guys, I quit way back in Marine Corps boot camp, when I left boot camp I could dip just fine. The only problem was spitting it out without puking.

I remembered I posted in this thread a long time ago. Just wanted to update since I just passed a year without that nasty crap. I kill about a pack of trident a day though! Every time I pop a piece of gum, I wonder why I chewed in the first place. Gum just tastes so much better! Congrats to everyone else who has quit and if anyone else is thinking about it, just do it! You won't regret it

Back