Contest winning coyote

Just seeing this. So you are the one that knocked me out of first? You bastard. hahahhaha. Just kidding. Congrats!!! Glad it was you and not one of the trappers. First year I did this tourny. Not liking that they allow trappers. It's totally unfair. Should be a numbers game. Weight is basically all luck

Last edited:
Yeah, it's not made for people like us. The dog hunters have been trouncing the callers last few years where we've had heavy snow. I would've been happy if any caller took it, but I just happened to be the Lucky guy. Plus it took almost ten years.. Did you hunt Putnam? I think another big dog came from over there. The worst thing about it, is driving back and forth to Sullivan whenever you get a coyote. It takes up a lot of time

I hear that. But atleast the dog guys time is limited like callers. Traps can be set in multiple places and they are out there 24hrs a day. Yah it was me on Saturday 47lber. I shot it Friday night at 6 but I didn't make it over there for fridays weigh in. I was hunting Dutchess and checked in 3. Yah. That weigh in takes time. I didn't even go Sunday because we had that snow storm and the roads were [beeep]. Wasn't worth the risk of getting in an accident. Thanks for sharing your win. Makes me feel better now that it wasn't one of the hacks

True.. one of the guys that used to help run it was a fur buyer and knows a bunch of trappers. I'm sure that may have been a reason they added trappers. You had a great weekend also, considering the weather wasn't the best

Back