Contender parts

William Suter

Other than ebay and Bellm, where or who sells hard to find Contender parts? I need a hammer with the old cross bolt safety. Bellm has a newer version but no guarantee it will fit. Tried Numerich, they have a newer style like the G2 uses. That's what Bellm sells to. I already ordered parts I thought were what I needed. Wrong! Don't feel like throwing money at maybes. I need parts that will fix my issue. Any leads in the right direction is appreciated.

Also……Ssk is now building and selling the ssk-50 action, which is an exact copy of the original easy open TC contender action.

Another thing…..Thompson Center has been purchased and IS returning to build their products. It may take a while to get all the goodies available, but it is happening.

The SSK parts won't fit my early model. Some of the barrels also won't fit the SSK frame from what I'm reading. A friend that's a Contender guy told me he has heard that when T/C gets rolling again that they will concentrate on the Encore line to start with. No guaranties that even the G2 easy open hammer will work on my frame. At $60 its not even a good "maybe". I don't need any more parts that don't work. I have plenty already. I sent Ed's TC's an email today. He may have some parts.

Im a “contender guy” but im not much of a mechanic on them lol.
Id think the hammer would be the same?? Except the newer hammer would have the switch rather than the push button.

Reason i think that…..i once had an early easy open frame that still had that push button safety on the hammer.

“Easy open” frames started at serial # 195,000. Some old frames were converted to easy open by TC as a payable option. In which case you can see a pin over top the trigger, rather than out in front of the trigger guard……if that makes sense.

You would likely have better luck with ED by phone calling until you get hold of him is what Ive always heard.

The version with the "switch' are somewhat available. I just haven't got any positive info that they will for sure fit. Prices range from $40-$60 depending where you find it. Bellm couldn't say for sure they would fit my frame and is not taking any work for the next few months. Ed's and Numrich were both no-go's on the old style but IIRC Numrichs may have had the newer version. I've don't so much searching I forgot who had and didn't have the parts.

Back