Composite stocks

Well I was with him yesterday at the gun range and you can very easily watch the barrel move. It looks like a tuning fork vibrating towards the end of the barrel. AND no herbs were involved. Even with a crappy cell phone video you can see it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I don't know how to post videos here.

IF what you are describing is actually happening, I wouldn't be shooting the rifle. IF it is actually happening there has to be a structural issue with either the barrel itself (possible interior metal voids?) or with the barrel to action connection.

Either way, it does not sound safe and it is not normal barrel oscillation that a new composite stock will cure. If it were mine I'd get it back to Remington to sort it out before someone gets hurt.

On the flip side, how many days till April 1?

Originally Posted By: crittr gittrWell I was with him yesterday at the gun range and you can very easily watch the barrel move. It looks like a tuning fork vibrating towards the end of the barrel. AND no herbs were involved. Even with a crappy cell phone video you can see it. PM me your email and I'll send it to you. I don't know how to post videos here.

Back