Christmas

PrairieMuffin

My mind has been lost wondering around my childhood, doing things the way I use to. I made a few statements about how I wish I could have all my old traps back. The ones I used as a girl, even the old rusty ones would be nice. This statement raised the eyebrows of my wonderful husband.. he went and found my traps Not the rusty ones that I actually used, but he went to my father and told him. My father use to sell montgomerys and he took my husband to his trap shop, went in got a brand new dozen montgomery 1.5 20+ yrs old never opened.. sold them to my husband
I can't explain how happy I was and how many memories ran through my mind in a second when I opened them. I would love to post a pic of them but photobucket isn't working for me the last few days but as soon as it does I will.
I set there last night cutting new screen, while hunny offset the jaws, and I was having fun boiling them..just doing things the way I use to...
I also got 40ft of 3/8 rebar to make my stakes.

Dad called me this am to see what I thought when I actually opened those. Said he'd never told anyone he still had those but when he heard I was wanting to bring back the good ol days he said I deserved that.

Thank you babe!

I hope you all had a great Christmas also!

this post is useless without pics
tt2.gif

thats a nice score there Muffin, hope you catch lots of fur with them. there wasnt a better trap made then a Monty 1.5

tt2.gif

When I got to Dads today he gave me the other dozen he had..
thumbup.gif
now I have more than my legal limit...

No time to chit chat most go offset another dozen jaws & boil .... time to get some real steel in ground, good old fashioned made in the USA traps.

Sounds like you got a pretty good other half there Muffin,its the simple things like that,that make it all worth while.MERRY CHRISTMAS

I really wish more woman would it's alot of fun!

thumbup1.gif
toys are in ground, mostly..
went back to the good ol' fiberglass screen covers with a little bit of muffin magic
whistle.gif

Congrats on your Christmas present. Glad to see that he still had them around, I think he was just waiting for you to come back to your childhood.

If he has some more and would be willing to part with them drop me a line.

Thank You
smile.gif

Most of the whole I wish I had them back comes from dads trap shop was broke into and most all of his stuff was taken. This was many yrs ago, he has recovered very little of it from pawn shops around due to his name tags. Of course all the new boxes taken had no tags...I really didn't think he had any left. So instead of ever asking him I just went old dukes I still had and hubs had bought him some victors I use every now and then.. all good traps though.

Congrats on an awsome score PM... Don't forget to share pics of the bounty from them...

They have a limit on how many traps you can own in OK???

I got a funny story about Prairie Muffin. Last year I was driving down the road at work, when I saw a pink bucket layin in the ditch. I stopped the truck and went back after it. When I got back in the truck bragging about my find, the guy I work with. He asked what I wanted with a pink bucket. I told him it was for my wife. He asked what she would do with one. I laughed and said "She's gonna fill it dog pee and iron, then carry it all over the pasture."

Ksboy I know it, I was starting to think I'd lost my touch
scared.gif

LMAO, I liked my HOT pink bucket!! I did to, he brought that thing home I looked at it smiled, picked it up, and started filling it with hammers, diggers, hatchet, traps, and a big ol' bottle of k9 scent off to the pastures I went... carried that bucket around till I broke off the handle and dropped a trap in to it and the bottom broke out.
cry.gif

Back