Cerakote in the cold.

I've used dozens of cerakoted actions in sub-zero temps. None had problems.

Inexperienced folks can take the best products in the world and make them worthless. Coatings and paint products require experience and dedication to use expertly. Making sweeping generalizations based on a sample size of one, is probably not a good idea.

Sample size was more than one, more than one color and done a few years apart, maybe it has something to do with the synthetic lube I used, what lube do you guys use?

No problems with my 700 fully C-koted. My gloves have frozen to it more than once in the real cold.
All I ever use for my guns is Rem oil and all I do is wipe them down, coated or not, never had an issue.

A little grease on the back of the lugs is the only lube my bolt guns have ever seen.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAA little grease on the back of the lugs is the only lube my bolt guns have ever seen.

- DAA Likewise. On my true blued and wood guns I oil them down to prevent rust, but just a tiny thin layer. Otherwise, grease the back of the lugs, and a little tiny dab at the primary extraction cam. Periodic maintenance can cause me to pull the firing pin and renew the grease around the cocking piece as well.

Nothing you didn't know I'm sure.
wink.gif

Back