CCI 22LR Stingers for coyote ?

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIt seems some promote using a 22LR or a 22 Mag but then argue that a 223 isn't enough gun for coyotes.

I hear ya. Regularly I would never condone the use of 22lr as a main coyote gun but in certain situations it can be used. My spots are close to civilisation so minimal noise is warranted and shots are headshots under 50 yards.

I won't try to tell anyone what to use or what not to use. But if I had options I would use something larger. To each their own.

Shot many coyotes with them and would say not a great choice. IMO can they kill of course but better choices are out there. Furthest shot I made was about 125 yds. Hit the yote in the body and he went down but did not kill him. I was able to finish him off when I walked up to him. I don't recommend 22lr unless dispatching in a trap.

My biggest coyote to date came in on a city fox spot I never expected a coyote on.65yds stinger to the throat, he didn't make it 20feet and he was bleeding enough that blood trailing would have been easy.

At 50 yards and under I would pop the low in the chest and not worry at all. I have seen too many deer killed with stingers to think that coyotes would be any different.

Back