Carved duck call

BMeyer

Do you think this call looks good enough to enter in a fancy call contest?
thumbdown.gif
Me neither, that is why I am making another one right now!

Brian

I do I love the looks of that call all taht art work it is beautiful wishin I could afford one of your carved calls id be envied by all my hunting buddies your work is spectacular

I think it looks like crap!! Just send it to me and I'll dispose of it. Yea, I'm that good of a guy
lol.gif

Dude, that is amazing work!! I wish I had a quarter of your talent.

Beautiful call right there Brian! I'd love to see the next one you are working on, if that one isn't going to be good enough. The carved fancy call division sure does have a lot of competition this year.

Are you going to bring that call with you to St.Charles? I'd love to see it if you are, and talk a little bit of carving with ya.

Brian

Originally Posted By: BigB

Beautiful call right there Brian! I'd love to see the next one you are working on, if that one isn't going to be good enough. The carved fancy call division sure does have a lot of competition this year.

Are you going to bring that call with you to St.Charles? I'd love to see it if you are, and talk a little bit of carving with ya.

Brian

Thanks guys!

Your right BigB, there is going to be a lot of good calls this year. I am really looking forward to seeing them. I will have the call pictured with me for sure, possibly in the auction. James has me down for one call in the auction, but I want to see how my second call looks before choosing which one goes in. We will definitely talk some carving and predator calls while there!

Dusty, you give me way too much credit! I just carve away everything that doesn't look like a duck!!! How hard can that be? I am a small fish in a big pond of callmakers... there is a lot of talent out there. But after all the work that goes into them, I enjoy sharing them, and really do appreciate the support.

Brian

Wow, that's an amazing looking call and you're way too hard on yourself. Just out of curiosity, how many hours did it take to make a call like this?

Sorry for not answering any of your questions guys, I kind of lost track of this post!

Todd, I will have to take a macro pic for you. Will post it later.

Benelli, it will be auctioned off on Thursday night. I am hoping for $500, but I will have to take whatever it sells for.

Bellero, way too much! I never keep track.

Here is the call I made to replace it. I am very disappointed in how it turned out. For some reason I had envisioned it differently when I was making it. But it is what it is, and a little slice of humble pie never hurt anyone. I will not do well in the contest this year!

Anyway, it is made from tasmanian sassafrass, box elder, walnut, and ivory. It has twelve flying ducks and three decoys.

Brian

Just for you Todd! Here are a few pics of the second call, but the carving on both is equal. Keep in mind the flying ivory ducks are only about 1/2" in size, so it is mighty hard for a shaky handed guy like myself to give them much in the way of detail!

I really need to get myself a decent magnifying lens for carving. Every time I see a blown up picture I see tons of mistakes that I wish I could correct.

Brian

Not sure what to say about that Brian... I'm tempted to offer you $500 for the call but I would be too afraid to let anyone touch it.

That is just crazy man... Awesome work!

Back