Calling all coons

Originally Posted By: HideHunterrugerider.. I have to agree. I just got my hands on one also. These guys definitly know what they are doing.. but.. I'm assuming this is pretty old footage. The quality was pretty poor by today's standards.. Could have stood a good "editing". Still fun to watch.

I'd trade someone for the Sells/Hootman tape. Haven't seen him for years but but used to know Mike personally. Any takers? PM me.

thnx

I may have to "crawdad" a bit on my previous post.
blush.gif
I just watched it again yesterday. Still say the "quality" may not be academy award winning
wink.gif
, but there is some good footage and tips.. worth the price of admission.
thumbup1.gif

Atleast you rec'd your DVD. Ordered "Crumbling Coons" never came. Mojo did a TV show on calling racoons aired this past year.This looks like fun.

Coon opens today. I fell asleep in my jeans contemplating what time to set my alarm for. Needless to say I didn't get up in time to check the couples trees behind my house. It's going to be a long day at work.

Sigpros, I would go with a plain scope. Keep it low power 4x or less. I have a scope on my 22mag that has lighted retricals and I don't use the light on them at night. Make's it harder for me to see the target at night. I have heard Minaska is soon to be back selling calls and acc. Sounds like Steve @ Minaska went through some tough times.

I have had some luck the last couple of days all have been called in.
thumbup1.gif

[img:left]
Nov24Coon.jpg
[/img]

nov23coon.jpg
[/img]

nov21coon.jpg
[/img]

I went out yesterday and called from 2 to 5. Bupkus.

Called 2 likely looking den trees, some bulldozed brush piles, and some old rotted hay bales that had holes dug into them where the coons had denned up in the past. Used my Turbo Dogg with juvenile coon distress and adult coon distress. Saw some coon sign, but this was in an area that was under water nearly all summer during the 2011 flood, so it wasn't the best place to call. Population doesn't seem to have recovered.

Today I'm going to try some areas away from the river where I've always had pretty good luck trapping. In a couple of days I'm heading to Mississippi to spend a couple of weeks calling grey foxes at night.

Originally Posted By: tank76I have had some luck the last couple of days all have been called in.
thumbup1.gif

Looks like your new found-territory is working out. Good work!

Ivers, there are days like that... but it beats being at home doing chores...

Originally Posted By: IversI went out yesterday and called from 2 to 5. Bupkus.

Called 2 likely looking den trees, some bulldozed brush piles, and some old rotted hay bales that had holes dug into them where the coons had denned up in the past. Used my Turbo Dogg with juvenile coon distress and adult coon distress. Saw some coon sign, but this was in an area that was under water nearly all summer during the 2011 flood, so it wasn't the best place to call. Population doesn't seem to have recovered.

Today I'm going to try some areas away from the river where I've always had pretty good luck trapping. In a couple of days I'm heading to Mississippi to spend a couple of weeks calling grey foxes at night.

Back