By By Barnes

My 7 mag LOVES 140 Gr TSX bullets. They worked well on my last 2 White-tail. I haven't used their varmint bullets, and see no reason to for the small critters. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and MINE is they do have their place.

Funny how suporter's and non-suporter's can be so passionate. Bottom line is Barnes are just a bullet. The best or worst just depends on who your talking to. But there are bullet's made by every manufacturer that will preform well on any game you want so long as you use an adequate cartridge and a proper bullet.

In reality, if all we had was the 7x57 and a 160gr bullet, we'd be in good shape. Or add most any cartridge you would like and a well chosen bullet.

It would be hard for me to believe that Rem would down grade the X type bullets. Rather they maybe decided that buying Barnes was the easiest way to gain that type bullet without all the research and developement and get a full line to boot.

Of course I'm not buying them, love Hornady's!

I personally love Barnes bullets....but I didn't always feel that way. Seating depth is very important, but I think THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is that you start shooting these from a CLEAN barrel. The pure copper does not do well when there is gilding metal on the inside of the barrel.
A lot of guys I know never get the copper out of their barrels, and then complain that the Barnes won't work for them....once they cleaned the barrels groups tightened right up.

good shootin'
johnny

Back