Buying leg traps!!!!

coolkid243

I need a good place to get leg traps. I live in Winona, MO. I want to find a local place to get some leg traps, or if needed, the best place to order them off the net. They need to be smooth jaw traps. I want your standerd size trap, nothing huge. I want them before November 15 by this year, I need some more that is. Help appreciated.

Originally Posted By: coolkid243I need a good place to get leg traps. I live in Winona, MO. I want to find a local place to get some leg traps, or if needed, the best place to order them off the net. They need to be smooth jaw traps. I want your standerd size trap, nothing huge. I want them before November 15 by this year, I need some more that is. Help appreciated.

They are "foot hold" traps. The size you need depends on the animal you intend to trap. I buy mine from F&T Fur Harvester's Trading Post online.

With that said, let me know when you're ready to sell those traps.
lol.gif

Seriously, you might want to find a local trapper to hang out with before you sink you hard earned money into the gear...

I was recently a Wyoming trapper, but now im in Missouri, so any tips could help me get started, i got a buddy down here helpin me, but does any one else got somethin helpful.

Originally Posted By: coolkid243Yes I have traped before,and i will be trapping bobcat,coyote,gray fox, and red fox.

A #2 coil spring trap will do for all the species you listed. Check the state regs because you may need offset jaws. Dukes or Bridgers would be my choice with Dukes my preferred choice for price and ease of use. F&T has them at $9.95 each or $95.95 per dozen.

Don't get us wrong but, the wording of your original post tended to indicate that you might not be familiar with traps.

im not sure what you mean by smooth jaw traps. do they need to be laminated or do you mean you dont want an offset jaw?

do you like long springs, double long springs, stoploss, jump traps, dp's, coilsprings? what did you use in the past when you were a Wyoming trapper?

as far a CS go, I would order some Duke #3s. sounds like thats what you need. they might be a little bit over kill for fox but....

Thanks (doggin coyotes), and yes im rather young, 13. But that hasn't changed my way of thinking. I still enjoy the outdoors, hunting and fishing is my preferred choice of life. But after moving here, i would like to get back into traping.

Originally Posted By: coolkid243Or even a single long spring.

To get the jaw spread you'll want on coyote or bobcat, you'll be looking at double long spring traps if you go that way. They are a lot higher priced than coil spring traps of the same capability.

Back