burris fullfield II?

I have 2, a 3X9 and a 4.5X14. Although I really don't care for the ballistic-plex reticle, both scopes get the job done. They are good glass for the money.

I have the 4.4-14 on most everything that I shoot which brings me up close to 8 and have never had any issues with them. I also have a couple 3x9's on 22mags and have had no issues with them either.

You might look at the Burris Fullfield E1. It's the same glass with a different reticle. The one down fall of the Fullfield 2 in my opinion is that the whole eyepiece is the magnification ring, in other words when you turn the magnification up the entire eyepiece turns. The Fullfield E1 model has a separate power ring. The Predator Quest line is also the same as the E1 they just have different graphics on them and can often be found cheaper than the E1.

Have the 3-9 x 40 on a Ruger 77, in 257 Roberts; it's a great scope. For a moderately priced scope it's really hard to beat the clarity.

17 hmr... welllll the 3-9x40 would be sweet, but the 3-7x35 would likely be adequate. It's your dime!
grin.gif

Kinda depends upon what you plan to hunt, both prey and terrain wise.

A 2-7x should be plenty, but it's up to you. I bought a 4.5-14x for a future .17 HMR to really zoom in on small game at distance. Burris also had a $100 off coupon a few months ago, so I couldn't pass it up. Fullfield II's are nice scopes for the money.

Last edited:
Well alrighty then i think i found me a winner! Ebay has pretty good deals on burris scopes from time to time so ill be on the prowl for a bargain. Thanks for the feedback guys! I apreiciate it!

I'll vote for the Burris also. I have a couple with the E1 reticle and always on the look out for more. I think I will go with the side focus model now that they are available.

I really prefer the ballistic plex reticle on the Burris to the "circle" reticles that Nikon use. I just can't warm up to them, like the ballistic plex though and glass/adjustments are nice as well.

I have 2 Full Field II's in 3-9 power . One on my Thompson muzzle loader and the other on a 30-06 . Good scopes for the money and good in low light that I look for in a deer rifle scope .

Originally Posted By: FairChase93You might look at the Burris Fullfield E1. It's the same glass with a different reticle. The one down fall of the Fullfield 2 in my opinion is that the whole eyepiece is the magnification ring, in other words when you turn the magnification up the entire eyepiece turns. The Fullfield E1 model has a separate power ring. The Predator Quest line is also the same as the E1 they just have different graphics on them and can often be found cheaper than the E1.

I own an E1 but for me the higher price isn't worth it for the easier to use magnification adjustment and updated turrets so I prefer the Fullfield II. For my eyes I prefer it over Vortex and Nikon in the same price range.

Last edited:
I bought one when Burris was throwing in a free pair of Burris binoculars. I love both. Just ordered a Burris C4 for my future .270.
I guess my only complaint is the turn ring is really tough to turn.

Last edited:
I have one of the Burris Full Field II scopes. I have it mounted on my Remington Model 660 .222 cal rifle and it's a tact driver now.

I got it along with a pair of burris binoculars which I still use almost every day. Both the scope and the binocular have good glass and are clear and bright.

The only one thing bad that I don't like is that when I change the magnification level the scope caps rotate around with the ocular end of the scope.

Back