Burris Fullfield II E1 Reticle

Originally Posted By: catwhackerBurris is 100% correct on the 4.5x14 scope. Mine came in the correct box but with the wrong scope in it I got the scope and looked through it then put it back in the box until I have time to work with it. I never noticed it was a 3x9 E1. until I read Burris Optics post. Sorry if I caused any confusion.

Jim

Jim,

No worries. I figured we weren't on the same page somehow. Again, contact me if we need to get something done for you.

My fault for not looking closer. I have it on the way back for the rite one. It's not easy getting old!!!
Thanks for your help.

Jim

Gang, I am interested in this scope also but have seen on some sites the reticle depicted as red...(ie illuminated) but on the Burris site it is black. Which is it? And if it is illuminated where is the battery held and what type of battery is required.

thanks

Last edited:
I have one on Ruger 77/17 VMBBZ 17 HMR with Burris FF II E1 3x9 40mm with high rings at max bolt lift just kisses the power adjustment ring Burris should reduce overal all Diameter.

I believe they probably took the reticle picture from one of their higher end scopes, which has illumination capabilities. As far as the fullfield II model with the E1 reticle goes, i don't believe it is an illuminated model. All i know is the E1 is also used in higher end scopes of theirs, in which case it is probably illuminated.

SWFA shows the reticle as such:
burris_ill_ballplexe1_popup.jpg

or this

They are black and not illuminated. The cross hairs do not go all the way across the just seem to float in the center of the scope. Very nice scope. I would get another one.

Jim

Originally Posted By: catwhackerThey are black and not illuminated. The cross hairs do not go all the way across the just seem to float in the center of the scope. Very nice scope. I would get another one.

Jim is correct. It's black, not red. The reticle picture with the red reticle is from the SixX scope. Not sure why they used that one.

Back