Burris eliminator scopes review

NDAR15MAN

I have a Burris Eliminator lll scope. I have only used it a few times on my Tikka 243 cal.I don’t get out much with 3 knee replacements on 2 legs.
Hope to hunt more when I retire 2024. I Shot a couple deer but not have used it for coyote hunting. I would like to get a review from hunters that have spent a lot of time in the field hunting coyotes and Deer with this scope. I just wondering what you guys think of the scope from 300 to. 600 yard shots ? Thanks. MD

Last edited:
Sorry I just saw this or would have responded a lot sooner. It must not be very popular, but I have 2 and love them for the ranges you mention. It's so much faster than ranging and dialing, and very accurate ime. Spend your time fine tuning your numbers at the range out to as far as you can, that will pay dividends in the field.

It's not great glass compared to any of my "normal" scopes and the fov is very limited and it's heavy. But it's still what I want when I go calling in our open terrain.

I have one of the original ones but being in Illinois didn’t use it. In Montana now and put it on an ar223 and it’s good out to 500 yds. Have shot pd’s out past 300 and it picked them up only seen one coyote so far with it this year at 597 with a pretty good crosswind which I didn’t take enough into account. Think the crosshairs on it are coarser than the newer ones but could still see hits on plates at 400 yds. Gonna get out more next week.

After my last customer service experience with them, I will not touch anything with Burris written on it. I used to like them. On their scopes, where the glass is made makes all the difference since they don't manufacture any of their optics. Depending on your budget, for what you're looking for, I would go with a Japanese manufactured scope in 4-20x range. The brand seems to be less important than country of origin. Hope this helps.

I‘ve got two both are on 223s at the moment, both are 3s they work as advertised,really nice to have the range finder and scope in one. Really fun to take the 4 wheeler and randomly set up steel, I’ve got 5“-15” discs then go back and range and shoot,so much faster then ranging and dialin.

Do any of you have experience shooting them in rain, snow, or fog? Curious as to how they perform in those conditions?

Do any of you have experience shooting them in rain, snow, or fog? Curious as to how they perform in those conditions?
No laser rangefinder works in those conditions ime. Even my Swarovski, and the Burris works well but it's no Swaro.

No laser rangefinder works in those conditions ime. Even my Swarovski, and the Burris works well but it's no Swaro.
I’ve had very good luck with a leupold TBR 2800 and a old Leica in the snow and fog. If the Burris performed similarly, I’d probably buy one.

Back