burl call

Paul
Thanks again for the reply; the type of glue work on your calls disserves a lot of respect as a wood working call maker. Your in put about calls will always get a second look from me.
I was going to try it on orange palm to help hold it together on a thin mouth piece part of a call, When palm is cut thin it is easily splits apart. Thick it is very strong wood. I think the wood is too hard to absorb the glue though. I might have to try some thing else.

Ernest,

I recieved this call the other day. I like it very much! I love the character of burl and your classic design.

I'm going to be in Philly, next week. PM me your phone number and we can talk about your custom howler.

Great job. Thank You...Tony

Tony
I would like to give you just some starting points for making me a nice howler
I think a nice water buffalo horn cut thin and polished to a nice luster would be a good starting point. Then do just a little gold in lay of two coyotes chasing down small deer with just a little dust in the air as they crest the horizon in the orange ring of a large African type moon and the scenery of trees and bush in a nice deep soft black would be a good starting point. You know a little three-de affect would be nice. I let you use you own imagination from there. As far as sound goes, I get out of breath quick some times. So would it be possible to make a reed that I could just hold up in to a nice breeze and get a nice howl, I know holding the horn bell down wind like that will be were the coyotes want to end up any way so I would not have to change my type of stand locations.
PS I always wanted a nice flexible titanium lanyard to. My neck size is about a 161/2 if this helps you for lanyard size, just would not want any thing to tight around me neck, you know. If I think of any thing, else I will let you know, or feel free to call me with some other things you would like to incorporate this howler. Did you say you would be coming to my neck of the woods this week Wow! Don not forget to bring the call I can hardly wait.
OK I am sorry I could not help my self, I sent you my phone number, and I really am looking forward to meeting you and talking about calls.

Back