Build or Buy?

Sounds logical to me!!! The stock trigger on the plumb crazy isn't so bad. Better than many of the AR's I have shot, and they are said to get better. That said I am not a big fan of 2stage triggers, and I would probably eventually add a good single stage trigger to the lower.

i do believe i decided to build one and will be looking for a stripped lower to build. i want to cash flow this thing and want to keep the lower under 150 but more like 100 125. so my next ? is what should i be looking at. i believe the local gun store in my area carry Armlite, DPMS and RRA lowers plus a couple i never heard of

Personally I think they're all good, and the only reason for a brand name is resale. Until you get into the really good custom ones made by Scott Milk and others, those are nicer for sure. I've only had trouble with one lower that was out of spec, and the manufacturer took it back and sent me a new one along with some goodies. I currently have a few made by Delaware Machinery bought from Rguns for $65 each. A couple friends and I went together on 12 of them, and have put 6 together so far with no issues.

If on a budget, that's what I'd do.

They are not caliber specific. Many of them say Multi caliber. Some people would think it looks weird to build a 204 with a lower that says 223 or 6.8 or whatever, but it would work just fine. Only goofy thing with the 204 that I've found is that Pmags don't work too well. The shoulder on the 204 is too far forward for that magazine design. I've also read that it can be a little finicky as far as feeding well, because the case is a little longer, but I haven't had that experience.

Back