BREAKING: Rick Perry to Deploy the Texas National Guard to Defend the Border

Quote: and making Obama look like an a$$.

Obama has done an excellent job of that without any outside help.

Regards,
hm

The whole Guard thing seems like a real stupid idea. $12 million dollars and all they are going to do is refer the illegals to the BP. They are supposed to be armed for their own protection. I wonder what they will do if they take fire ?

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitThe whole Guard thing seems like a real stupid idea. $12 million dollars and all they are going to do is refer the illegals to the BP. They are supposed to be armed for their own protection. I wonder what they will do if they take fire ?

If this is what truely happens once boots are on the ground.. I am sure moral will be high among the troops... It's a good idea if they were utilized right..

Originally Posted By: jumprightinitThe whole Guard thing seems like a real stupid idea. $12 million dollars and all they are going to do is refer the illegals to the BP. They are supposed to be armed for their own protection. I wonder what they will do if they take fire ?

They will spaz out like they normally do.. They are not full time troops they are our neighbors and will they want to feel like they are just as trained and as good as the real thing, they just are not. They try, and they usually over think everything. indecision from fear, or sitting there thinking is still indecision.

It's just like comparing myself to a sponsored bass fisherman, he is going to be better than anyone that gets out there on the occassional weekend. Same thing.

If they are going to cost 12 million for a month for 1000 of them, that means that they are paying them $12,000 per soilder, that is a lot of money.. Maybe they should just hire a construction company or 10 and pay them 12 million a month to build a fence that a 5 year old can't cross.

If they dont have orders to stop, arrest, assualt, and shoot illegal crossers then its a waste of money. My prediction: within a month of deployment, there will simply be 1000 more diaper changers on the border.

Originally Posted By: Tbone-AZOriginally Posted By: jumprightinitThe whole Guard thing seems like a real stupid idea. $12 million dollars and all they are going to do is refer the illegals to the BP. They are supposed to be armed for their own protection. I wonder what they will do if they take fire ?

They will spaz out like they normally do.. They are not full time troops they are our neighbors and will they want to feel like they are just as trained and as good as the real thing, they just are not. They try, and they usually over think everything. indecision from fear, or sitting there thinking is still indecision.

It's just like comparing myself to a sponsored bass fisherman, he is going to be better than anyone that gets out there on the occassional weekend. Same thing.

If they are going to cost 12 million for a month for 1000 of them, that means that they are paying them $12,000 per soilder, that is a lot of money.. Maybe they should just hire a construction company or 10 and pay them 12 million a month to build a fence that a 5 year old can't cross.

I don't really think the amount or quality of the NG training is a real issue on the Border assignment. The issue arises from the General in charge of the Mission. I'm sure a lot of political pressure or a directive from the CIC basically laid out the Mission's operation. That being 'to not detain but to refer any illegals to the BP'. In other words dont do much of anything to stop the invasion. Seems like a political stunt in the least and a big waste of money. Perry would be more credible if he used a State Defense Force and really shut down the Border. State Defense Forces can't be taken over by the Feds unless they physically come in and remove them.

Why not put ALL Texas Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshals and State Troopers on the border?

Then Governor Perry can order them any way he see's fit!!

Seems the State Patrol has some very nice boats, the border of Texas is how long and they have 3 boats??

What is wrong with this picture???

I was all excited to hear about the NG, what a JOKE!!!

Well, back to digging my grave:-(

With the National Guard and the Texas DPS officers the taxpayers of Texas are looking at about $15,000,000 a month in expenses. Then to top it off, none of it will help the problem.

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisWhy not put ALL Texas Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshals and State Troopers on the border?

Seems the State Patrol has some very nice boats, the border of Texas is how long and they have 3 boats??

Those boats will not be of much use on the Rio Grande, there are to many low spots that they will not be able to navigate the Rio. Besides they were purchased for other reason, not too help with the immigration problem.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisWhy not put ALL Texas Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshals and State Troopers on the border?

Those boats will not be of much use on the Rio Grande, there are to many low spots that they will not be able to navigate the Rio. Besides they were purchased for other reason, not too help with the immigration problem.

They could get back to basics and form Calvary units... May sound outdated but horses have tactical advantages over ATVs... The rider is in an elevated position for better visual situational awareness... They are quitter than motor borne vessels... They don't break down... On foot you can't outrun a horse... But then again they are not running... The whole situation on the ground seems pointless... Just think how bad this situation is going to be in 5 years...10 years...

All these sociopaths that go into schools or movie theaters and shoot the place up... Why don't they go down there and do that $hit... Oh yeah a lot of guns down there...

I've said this before, just patrol the southern border with helicopter gunships and shoot anything, I repeat.....ANYTHING.....that crosses that border. The time has come to get serious about border security and quit pandering to cheap labor and Democrat votes.

Originally Posted By: dogcatcherOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisWhy not put ALL Texas Sheriffs, Deputies, Marshals and State Troopers on the border?

The last of 6 boats, originally purchased for use on the Rio Grande River and Intracoastal Canal, was delivered to the DPS in November, 2012.

Said to be able to run in just 12" of water, they do have some limitations, as do all tools of the trade. Most of the Rio Grande (at least in the lower RGV) is at least knee-deep with a mud or sand bottom, as opposed to rock. I'm sure the operators are aware of location of shallows in their area.

I would suspect that the presence of one of these boats would certainly discourage incidents such as one last week where the BP came under heavy fire from the Mexican side near McAllen and could do nothing more than take cover. I doubt that the DPS is operating under same ROE as is the USBP.

Quote:The $580,000 shallow water interceptor can patrol in just 12 inches of water and is the first of a planned fleet of six such vessels comprising the newly-created Highway Patrol Tactical Marine Unit.

One of the boat's first stops will be the Rio Grande.

According to DPS, one of the roles of the Tactical Marine Unit will be to target "splashdowns," where smugglers crash vehicles full of drugs or weapons into the water, then transport the illegal cargo to the other side.

http://www.khou.com/news/DPS-unveils-new...-135296258.html

Quote:November 28, 2012
Final DPS Patrol Vessel Commissioned
New boat named in honor of fallen trooper

Trooper Scott Burns

AUSTIN – The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today commissioned the Tactical Marine Unit’s sixth and final new patrol vessel at a ceremony in Austin. The boat is named in honor of the late Trooper Scott Burns, who was shot and killed in the line of duty at the age of 39 in Marion County on April 29, 2008.

Texas DPS News Release

Regards,
hm

Uh Oh, seems Rick has upset the messicans. Sorry Rick, no mo burritos for you.

Mexico concerned about Texas' plan to deploy National Guard on border
Published July 22, 2014

The Mexican government on Tuesday expressed its "concern" over the decision by Texas authorities to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the border to help stem the massive arrival of undocumented child migrants from Central America.

"Attention to the immigration phenomenon must be paid from a long-term regional perspective and based on the principles of good neighborliness and shared responsibility," the Foreign Relations Secretariat said in a statement.

"The strategy for responding in an effective and humane manner to this phenomenon includes the necessary shared responsibility among the countries of origin, transit and destination of migration flows," the statement continued.

The secretariat declared its commitment to the protection of the migrants' human rights and the orchestration of "specific actions directed at the most vulnerable, including unaccompanied children and teenagers."

The secretariat emphasized that Mexico had opted for a strategy favoring dialogue and cooperation, and it is working "with the countries of Central America to improve conditions in the medium and long term that contribute to the development of that region and strengthen its prosperity."

More than 57,000 unaccompanied immigrant minors have entered the United States via the border with Mexico over the past 10 months, most of them coming from Central America, a situation that has spurred the governments of the region to try and halt what has been described as a humanitarian crisis.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politic...uard-on-border/

Originally Posted By: azmastablasta Uh Oh, seems Rick has upset the messicans. Sorry Rick, no mo burritos for you.

lol.gif
lol.gif

As to the article below, HORSEFEATHERS!

Since when has Mexico stepped up to the plate to resolve border problems? Sgt. Tahmooressi's plight in a Mexican prison comes to mind! Wanna be a good neighbor, release him, NOW and rescind the "Free Passes" to illegals passing through Mexico from Guatemala, etc.!

"Attention to the immigration phenomenon must be paid from a long-term regional perspective and based on the principles of good neighborliness and shared responsibility,"

Guess that's why Mexico and Guatemala Announce Agreement to make illegal passage to U.S. easier, huh?

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: azmastablasta
Mexico concerned about Texas' plan to deploy National Guard on border
Published July 22, 2014

The Mexican government on Tuesday expressed its "concern" over the decision by Texas authorities to send 1,000 National Guard troops to the border to help stem the massive arrival of undocumented child migrants from Central America.

"Attention to the immigration phenomenon must be paid from a long-term regional perspective and based on the principles of good neighborliness and shared responsibility," the Foreign Relations Secretariat said in a statement.

"The strategy for responding in an effective and humane manner to this phenomenon includes the necessary shared responsibility among the countries of origin, transit and destination of migration flows," the statement continued.

The secretariat declared its commitment to the protection of the migrants' human rights and the orchestration of "specific actions directed at the most vulnerable, including unaccompanied children and teenagers."

The secretariat emphasized that Mexico had opted for a strategy favoring dialogue and cooperation, and it is working "with the countries of Central America to improve conditions in the medium and long term that contribute to the development of that region and strengthen its prosperity."

More than 57,000 unaccompanied immigrant minors have entered the United States via the border with Mexico over the past 10 months, most of them coming from Central America, a situation that has spurred the governments of the region to try and halt what has been described as a humanitarian crisis.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politic...uard-on-border/

If Mexico is worried about it, then they need to send their army out, and stop them before they reach the border! All the more reason to give orders to shoot on site, as far as I'm concerned.

Back