Brass Case Trimmers

The Forster crank-type trimmer is pretty fast and accurate, but you still have to chamfer inside and out.
If you are doing high volume, the Giraud trimmer can’t be beat.
I can easily do 10 cases per minute. They come out dead nuts on length and chamfered perfectly inside and out.

I have an RCBS Pro-trim, converted to a II case holder, and powered with a $10 black & decker power screw driver. I just picked up a Franford Arsenal Platinum case prep center, and assuming it holds up, I'm VERY happy with it. I've used the Lee handheld, press mounted trim dies, and drill-press powered LCGW WFT's, but since I shoot a lot of straightwall stuff, I'll always have to have something capable of trimming them, and for me, that adds up to a shoulder based like the Giraud/FA Platinum plus a lathe type like the Pro-Trim II.

Wanting to upgrade to a 21st century to incorporate a better neck turning system than RCBS's, but I don't turn enough to justify the cost.

I have a Rcbs trim pro2 power trimmer I've had for years and I love it. Takes a little bit to set-up but once dialed in spot on and repeatable through over hundred at a time. Been there done that!!.

I have an RCBS trimmer. Manual, I never spent the cash for the power unit.

I can't say it's the best or the worst, it's just what I bought in 92 and still use.

Where they make the 3 way cut/chamfer/debur heads for a caliber, I have them. Those are great little tools that save me a lot of time & work.

Giraud.

O9EI5WWh.jpg

Originally Posted By: StobI use a Wilson trimmer and have for many years. I hate trimmers that use a pilot in the case mouth.

Love mine! +1

I recently purchased a couple different calibers of "the worlds cheapest trimmers". Very fast and very repeatable trimming when chucked up in a cordless drill. You do still have to chamfer both inside and out. Cut my trimming time by 75% or maybe more as compared to my Lyman Universal hand cranker that I still use for my lower volume calibers.

I use the rcbs trim pro Manuel trimming. I get .001" variance on my case length and often less. If it's not broke don't fix it

Originally Posted By: jasentI use the rcbs trim pro Manuel trimming. I get .001" variance on my case length and often less. If it's not broke don't fix it Trim Pro and other manual trimmers are painfully slow and tiresome after a pile of brass. The new style WFT and similar are soooo much faster.

Originally Posted By: DiRTY DOGOriginally Posted By: jasentI use the rcbs trim pro Manuel trimming. I get .001" variance on my case length and often less. If it's not broke don't fix it Trim Pro and other manual trimmers are painfully slow and tiresome after a pile of brass. The new style WFT and similar are soooo much faster. ill take quality over quantity any day. I don't load huge lots so time isn't an issue

Back