Brass Annealing Guide

Originally Posted By: orkanOh boy. So (insert big name here) is a champion of the universe and he does "X" so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I better get an equipment and technique list from champion of the universe so I can be champion of the universe next year. What a joke.

Do you honestly think everyone would be using a drill and socket if money was no object? No, they'd be using a machine, because that is what will produce the most consistent results. ... but don't let the fact that I NEVER MENTIONED anything about a machine being best, stop you from bashing me over it.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessThe problem with most of your opinion based posts is that, YOUR way, or YOUR product is THE ONLY way to do it right. That is foolish on your part. There's your version... then there's what actually happens.

I share my opinion. Then others come along and say how wrong and stupid it is. I defend my position with proof and facts of personal experiences, then those same people continue saying "nope thats wrong!" ... regardless of proof or facts offered. That is pretty much the same thing that happens to anyone that shares anything on every forum these days which is any more advanced than "which nikon scope should I buy?" Thankfully most of those people have been banned recently... but I see there is still no shortage.

I stand accused of saying my way is the only way, and my product (which I don't sell any [beeep] annealing products) is the only one, and that everyone needs an annealing machine, regardless of NOTHING of the sort being said. Sound about right? You people are unbelievable. No one can just take information given, decide on their own if they like it, and move on. You MUST find something negative to say, even if the negative thing you are complaining about NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. You do understand that NOTHING I've been accused of in this thread thus far, ACTUALLY happened in this thread or in that video right? If not, you might want to see a mental health professional. But by all means, don't let that stop you from accusing me of it!!! That would be uncharacteristic.

I know so very many extremely talented people that have told me for years that they absolutely refuse to participate in forums. I can see why. It doesn't matter how the information is presented, someone will ALWAYS be standing there to complain. Did I charge you for the video? Did I try to sell anything in it? Strange... Here I thought I was compiling thousands of dollars and a solid year of effort into 10 minutes and giving it away for free. ... but again, by all means, please PLEASE don't let that stop you from throwing ridiculous accusations and insinuations my direction.

As usual, it don't take much to get your panties all in a bunch. Go figure.

Originally Posted By: orkanOh boy. So (insert big name here) is a champion of the universe and he does "X" so I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. I better get an equipment and technique list from champion of the universe so I can be champion of the universe next year. What a joke.

Your awful touchy about other peoples success. They have actually competed and are competitive enough to win against the best of the brightest. I think all who want to be successful at anything should at least consider the methods of those who have actually accomplished something. You?,,,,,, Or is acting like a child in the sand box just more your style?

Originally Posted By: orkan

Do you honestly think everyone would be using a drill and socket if money was no object? No, they'd be using a machine, because that is what will produce the most consistent results. ... but don't let the fact that I NEVER MENTIONED anything about a machine being best, stop you from bashing me over it.

Here I never mentioned your machine or the drill and socket,,,,,,, I was only referring to your VID in which, you state several times that "any color change to the brass" is "over annealed".
I use the dim light and just the start of a glow on the neck method as does many other folks. That brass is over annealed, according to you, but that brass shoots great and seems to preform well for thousands of us,,,,,,, even the champion of the universe. You still have never answered the question,,,,, What is, exactly, the ill effect on the brass from over annealing? Cat got your tongue on that one???

I share my opinion. Then others come along and say how wrong and stupid it is. I defend my position with proof and facts of personal experiences, then those same people continue saying "nope thats wrong!" ... regardless of proof or facts offered. That is pretty much the same thing that happens to anyone that shares anything on every forum these days which is any more advanced than "which nikon scope should I buy?" Thankfully most of those people have been banned recently... but I see there is still no shortage.

The problem here is that YOU have NO respect for other people or their experiences. Nope once you have discovered something, that's it period. End of civilized discussion. YOU are the very thing that you rant and rail against!!! Annealing is NOT rocket science, and many thousands of people have been successfully completing that task just fine for many years before you decided to inject your "new discovery" on the subject. If my method works for me, don't go off half cocked and tell me how I don't do it right because you talked to a metallurgist with tens of thousands of dollars worth of lab equipment or some such thing.

I stand accused of saying my way is the only way, and my product (which I don't sell any [beeep] annealing products) is the only one, and that everyone needs an annealing machine, regardless of NOTHING of the sort being said. Sound about right? You people are unbelievable. No one can just take information given, decide on their own if they like it, and move on. You MUST find something negative to say, even if the negative thing you are complaining about NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED. You do understand that NOTHING I've been accused of in this thread thus far, ACTUALLY happened in this thread or in that video right? If not, you might want to see a mental health professional. But by all means, don't let that stop you from accusing me of it!!! That would be uncharacteristic.

Couple things here.
First, you being partial to your equipment is in reference to many other posts you have made. It was about your style, in general.
Second, I never mentioned your stupid machine one way or the other.

Third, most folks here are not here to be preached at. If you have a good idea you are free to pass it on, but don't be upset when some disagree with your idea. Grow up just a bit.

Fourth, half of the things you complain about being accused of are in fact made up by you and were never actually said. You read way too much into what is said and fail to read the type. Then follow that with [beeep] remarks toward the fictitious statements. Real classy. Just the kind of guy PM needs more of. You are a one man hit squad with enemies of your own making.

I know so very many extremely talented people that have told me for years that they absolutely refuse to participate in forums. I can see why. It doesn't matter how the information is presented, someone will ALWAYS be standing there to complain. Did I charge you for the video? Did I try to sell anything in it? Strange... Here I thought I was compiling thousands of dollars and a solid year of effort into 10 minutes and giving it away for free. ... but again, by all means, please PLEASE don't let that stop you from throwing ridiculous accusations and insinuations my direction.

This one is laughable.

First off, maybe you should take their advice.
Second, What makes you the sole owner of knowledge? Why have you no respect for the collective knowledge that is already here on PM? Most of us are not looking for a savior nor are we lacking in knowledge in the things you talk about. Your opinions are welcome, as are all others, but that doesn't make you right and all others wrong. You need a "boogie man" just to make your case.
Third, if you spent "thousands of dollars" and a solid year to make a 10 minute video just to "give it away", I could recommend some great Technical schools that you could look into for a new profession. If you need help that is.
Forth, there is that magical boogie man again. You really do need a new shtick.

Originally Posted By: orkan Thankfully most of those people have been banned recently... but I see there is still no shortage.

My personal favorite.

We both know exactly who you are referring to here. You may be able to gloat in that accomplishment but it is a dam shame. A huge loss for PM and if you were the trade off we all here got screwed royal.

Originally Posted By: orkanThankfully most of those people have been banned recently... but I see there is still no shortage.

The condescension here is disgusting. At what point did the reloading world anoint you the lord of all reloading and annealing?

Originally Posted By: SmokelessMy personal favorite.

We both know exactly who you are referring to here. You may be able to gloat in that accomplishment but it is a dam shame. A huge loss for PM and if you were the trade off we all here got screwed royal.

Totally agreed. For the most part, I don't come here anymore. Just don't have much to learn or impart when the folks out there doing it and building it are no longer participating. Instead we get "experts" who can pound their chests now that the big dogs are gone.

I'm going to be annealing old military brass 06 that I have stainless tumbled and sorted, anneal then size down to 257 roberts then anneal again, will I need to sacrifice one from each head stamp?

Last edited:
You shouldn't have to sacrifice them. I may have used the wrong term when describing "sacrificial" cases. If you pull them out when you see orange flame, they won't be ruined. I think I mentioned this in the video. You just don't want to let them bake in there long afterward. So if you are watching good, you can get them pulled out to setup your time without ruining them.

This is a great thread.
tt2.gif

Back