Brand New Savage Predator Hunter Max 1 .223

Haven't seen the "snow camo" one? If it's a Max 1 it will have the accu-stock. If it's the Predator Brush series,it won't have the accu-stock,but will have the accu-trigger. Ron

the two pro-varmints I own are the most accurate guns in the safe hands down. and i have a few savages. Savages are a good gun, but not the value they used to be. my last one i paid 800+ and it still comes with that sad plastic stock. and not balanced like the kimber. If it comes time to sell, the savages will be the first to go!!

Had a Max 1 .223 for about 6 weeks now. Same great results. Still working on the groups, but I can say that it is ALL that is being written here.

Great rifle.

Originally Posted By: junglekatI can get a max 1 for 649.00 plus tax.I did not know they had blued barrel.I got it confused with the other predator brush which does not have accu stock.Does the snow camo have accu stock and accu trigger.

No. The only Model 10 offerings with the Accustock are the Precision Carbine (in .223 or .308) and the Adv Max (.204, .223, .22-250 and .243). The PC has a shorter barrel (20" unfluted) compared to the Adv Max (24" fluted).

Originally Posted By: Tbone801 Then the next 5 shots I was making 1/2" groups and some 3/4" groups.

Also I am including my 5 shot group and pictures of the gun since no one really has good pictures up of this model. Remember I was just shooting off of a bipod and sand bag.

Savage = AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0977.jpg

Where did those other 6 holes come from, aren't they part of the group?
smile.gif
Just having some fun with you, nice shooting, and a nice looking rifle. Those Savages are something aren't they?

Hey guys I just bought one of these in the max 1 stock in 22-250 last week. I took it to the range and cleaned the barrel first then started sighting it in at 100 yards. First off this thing shoots real well under 1/2 stright out of the box with Hornady 55 v-max. I love the new fluted barrel and the big bolt as well as the stock and trigger. I was really happy that I bought this gun. Unfortantly I had a factory Hornady bullet blow a primer in my gun on the 7th shot. And the gun wouldn't extract the shells after that. My question is I fixed the extractor problem it works great now. But when you go to eject the shell is suppost to throw out the shells like a rem 700 does or do they just pull out and lay in the action. Mine does not throw the shells out it pulls them out of the chamber and then drops them right on top of the shells in the clip causing the gun to get jammed when trying to reload in a hurry for a follow up shot. For you guys that have one of these I would like to know if your guns throw out the shells? Any help would be great. Thanks Seth

I also blew a primer in mine. It pushed the extractor off to the side, and sounds like same scenario you mentioned. After than mine wouldnt fully through the case either. I think in shoved the ejector back hard, collapsing the spring. I pulled the ejector and spring and stretched the spring and reassembled. Now it throws them just fine.

I just bought me a savage model 10 predator 22-250 a couple days ago, I couldnt find the model anywhere online, so I called savage and they said it was a special run for one of their dealers, It has a real tree hardwoods stock and black barrel and its a tack driver for sure.
url]
[/img]

Got mine fixed today it was the ejector spring when the primer blew up it pushed the spring back so hard it caused it to bend a little and loose it's stiffness. Put a new one in and it's throwing the shells now. Thanks for the help guys.

I was with Seth when primer blew and no it was not the Superformance Hornady... It was a 55gr VMax ammo from Hornady.
Seth I am glad to hear the spring was easy to fix. Where did you find one locally?

Have a question on the extractor. Have had a new Max1 in .223 for a couple of months now. Great shooting gun and like others, really enjoy the accuracy.

I have been flirting with Remington, Black Hills, and Federal factory loads. The Black Hills and Federal eject rather well on the bench with a slight pull. The Remington with the same pull, will not eject. A hard/quick pull will typically eject all three types, but have had a few of the Remington's not eject fully, just land above the clip.

My guess is there may be just a slight difference in the rims on these loads?

Any ideas/thougths?

PS - the Savage shoots all three very well. The Federals/Black Hills almost the same POI. The Remington groups well, but a different POI.

Thanks.

Yes rim thickness will do that,also, some grime under the extractor will cause the same problem. I had a friend have the same problem,and after looking the bolt face over,it had alot of "flakes",or slivers of brass under the extractor. After a good cleaning,and a little oil,it was operating good as new. Alot of guy's clean everything on the gun,BUT the bolt face,extractor,and bolt lug, raceways! Gunk builds up in these areas,and causes alot of accuracy/problems. Ron

Back