Bobcat Mount

my taxi would charge $1500 for that mount w/ base...and it would look like a cat... im sure you didnt pay that much 204, and if you did i would go postal! bottom line if your happy w/ the mount...thats all that matters....

204, first off Thank You for your service. I have to agree something looks funny with the face. I would take Catkiller up on his deal.

Catkiller,
Got some pic's of your work? Love to look at pretty mounts and would appreciate the time if you could post a few pictures. I agree about the one above, it just isn't up to snuff. And that is a very nice gesture to rework that for the poster - good on ya.

I would like to kick that guy in the nads for trying to pass that off as a cat mount. Thank you for your service and I understand wanting your first cat mounted. When I get one I want to get it mounted too. I have been looking at alot of taxi's to find one that does good cats. I have one I use for birds and I use a different guy to do my deer heads. And Catkiller that is fine thing to do for that guy. You sir are a heck of a guy.

Shanedogg....

Your guy and mine are operating from the same book...I just got my cat back and it looks alive....It cost $1500, but it was worth it.....

Small thing to do for one of the people that protect our backsides and put their lives on the line everyday.I wish we got $1500 for a cat around here! This is the poorest part of the country as far as taxidermy goes. I get $450 for a cat mount and $550 If I build a rock for it to hang on the wall.We get 300 dollars here for a deer mount but 120 miles away in Tulsa they get 5 to 6 hundred.

Last edited:
100_0757.jpg
One of my deer mounts.

This is one that was drying on the wall.This deer had a mis shaped skull with a 1" point growing into the skull and touching it's brain, was killed about a mile from my house.

Maybe that's not you cat at all? Ever consider that? The spots and markings appear different on the before and after. a lot less visible on mount. Either way, bobcats are cool as $h!t! Even in death they are hard to capture.

I think it's the same cat it's just that he has back brushed it, against the natural way the hair grows so that all the patterns are messed up.

Catkiller, I really like your deer mounts and I think they look natural! The coyote mount I can't say the same about. For some reason I keep looking at it thinking that it looks somewhat like a domesticated house dog! I think it's the way the ears are perked up and the right front paw is bent over. Almost like it wants to be thrown a treat! My opinions mean absolutely nothing and I'm sure that you put alot of hard work into these mounts. I guess I should say that it might be the pose on the coyote mount that I'm not crazy about, rather than the quality of the work! I think that your offer to fix the bobcat makes you one heck of a man!

Originally Posted By: CatkillerArkansas River Bottoms coyote from here in eastern Oklahoma.
IMG_0249.jpg

I've seen that coyote mount before. Does it belong to one of the guys on the board? Or have you posted that picture before here on PM?

Since everybody is being so brutally honest, the first time I saw that mount I thought the coyote looked like it was smiling. Now that I've seen it a second time, I still do. But outside of that, I REALLY LIKE that mount and pose.

That's a stand-up offer, Catkiller, for 204Gunner.

As much as I hate to eat humble pie, I really was trying to give Gunner a favorable reply to his post. Maybe he can forward this thread link to his taxidermist in order to show him what everyone, except me (okay and maybe Jesse) of course thinks of it.

I always try to look at the good side of things, not the bad. If his taxidermist can't make it right for him, it would be an awesome turn for you to help him out.

Thanks guys but they deserve it.I was around when the HEROES, including several of my family members, were coming home from Viet-Nam.Those boys and ladies didn't ask to go over there but they did there duty instead of turning tail and running for Canada.One of my Uncles came back severely injured, not in body but in mind.He got the nickname of "Sneak", why, because every time someone, even his brothers or sisters went to Grandma's house, he would go to his room and sneak out the bedroom window.He didn't want to be around anyone.He saw some terrible stuff over there.He's alot better now but what was so bad was the demonstrations against them, they had trouble getting jobs and people would call them baby killers and spit at them.It was rediculous and uncalled for.Ever since back then I have had nothing but respect for our service men and women.I know times were cganging back then but it was horrible how those vets were treated.I was a few years too young to have to worry about going over there but my brother was fresh out of high school and his number was coming up right when they stopped drafting.I try to do what I can and tell all vets when the opportunity arises that I appreciate their sacrifices.

Back