Bobcat Mount !

Originally Posted By: MAUMAUThat being said, Cats, of any type, are truly the most difficult to bring back to life, even by the most gifted Taxidermist.

I believe it. My dad had one mounted that didn't turn out so great. It looked chinese.

Originally Posted By: MAUMAUTaxidermy Mounts preserve the memory of a past adventure and allow the Hunter to relive his or her experience for many years.

That being said, Cats, of any type, are truly the most difficult to bring back to life, even by the most gifted Taxidermist.

Beauty and quality is in the eye of the beholder.

BOBCAT.jpg

this my friends is a quality mount... very nice

Taxidermy Mounts preserve the memory of a past adventure and allow the Hunter to relive his or her experience for many years.

That being said, Cats, of any type, are truly the most difficult to bring back to life, even by the most gifted Taxidermist.

Originally Posted By: MAUMAUTaxidermy Mounts preserve the memory of a past adventure and allow the Hunter to relive his or her experience for many years.

BOBCAT.jpg

OK I gotta know who did that work because like you said cats are by far the hardest mounts to recreate and that is phenomenol.

"Beauty and quality is in the eye of the beholder"

and how much money you have in your pockets!

congrats on a nice cat coyote321!

First off, from what I've heard, cats are super tough to replicate. They have tons of fat in the face and the taxidermist has to do a fair amount of sculpting to get it right. Some guys can sculpt, some guys can't or choose not to.

That being said, I would think that Coyote321 would like honest opinions of the mount he got back. Not to make him feel bad, but in case he's thinking about getting more mounts done from the same taxidermist or referring other customers to him. To be fair, looking at a cat mount to judge this guys work is unfair. I've seen some spot on deer, elk and caribou mounts that were absolutely amazing. But the same guy couldn't mount a cat to save his life. Like i said, they are just tough.

I won't comment on the mount, but I will share pictures of the cat I got mounted. I am very happy with it and will never have another done...I just don't want to risk it. My youngest says she's seen the thing walking around the house it looks so real.

Regardless, congratulations on the cat. In some areas of the country they are super hard to call or kill. No matter what animals I harvest throughout my life, calling and killing a bobcat will always rank tops with me. Again, Coyote123 congratulations!

IMG_1154.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

Last edited:
First, let me say congrats on the kitty. I have yet to get my first one, but it's on the list. Second, I find myself wondering why some 'dermists use customers trophy's for practice? I'm just a part timer myself, I dont have a wall full of ribbons and wallpaper, but what I do have is pride in my work. Cats are a challenge, I won't argue that, but theres millions of pictures out there to use for reference when doing a mount. The biggest problem I see is that he has the skin pulled back too tight on the head. This causes the huge eyes and the ears to be too far back. hard to tell from the pics, but the cheeks look to be a bit over stuffed too. To be honest, these are all things that your taxi could rehydrate and correct if the skin was properly tanned. Heres a pic of the last cat I mounted.

100_3469.jpg

nofiveo, you may not have any ribbons, but from the looks of the cat in the picture above you do competition quality work. You hit the nail on the head when you said the word PRIDE!!! Great job!!

you really need to do you research and look at other mounts of small animals that the taxidermist has done before picking your mount and taxadermist. It took me several months to determine who I could trust to do my mount and another month to pick out my mount pose. Cats are very hard to do to make their faces look right.

No disrespect meant. My comment wasn't meant to be mean, I was just pointing out that the mount wasn't that good.

I haven't yet found a taxidermist that I would trust to mount a cat for me. My old guy did a good job on my gray fox, but I have seen his cats, no thank you, I'll just hold onto my $400.

That's a lot of money to gamble with. I just think there are better things to spend my money on.

I know a lot of people haven't even killed one bob cat, you can't blame them for having their first one mounted. My situation is a little different, cats are common around here, I have taken 43 to date, so I can be more picky when I choose to take one to a taxidermist.

Quote:If anyone can do a better bobcat mount that this, I have yet to see it.

Yeah, that's pretty hard to criticise.
thumbup1.gif

Tail's at the wrong angle, in my opinion.
wink.gif

Troy, I agree, i have not seen many that can match his work. his canine mounts are impressive too. Heard his cat mounts are in the $8's. you get what you pay for.

BOBCAT.jpg

That is one of the nicest cat mounts I have every seen. The eyes are great!! Fine job!!
thumbup.gif

I bet thats what it looked like just as you squeezed the trigger making it realize the horrible mistake it made. Also good luck with the remodel, looks like your well on your way.

t/c223encore.

Back