Bobcat down on my sons first hunt.

Originally Posted By: LungbusterYou guys look thrilled to be there in the bottom pic....

I told im to give his serious look in that pic. Thanks guys. He was playing outside today and blowing the call I gave him so I think I have a new hunting buddy.

Congratulations. What a great day even without the success. Great photo of your son. Might as well plan on Santa brining him some calling gear!

Merry Christmas.

Hunt of the month stuff right here!!!

Way to go Dad!!! That's the best of the best as far as Father/Son time right there. Congrats on a memory that will last a lifetime for both of you and thanks for sharing it with us. As was said earlier, that picture of him dragging that cat out should be framed in your house somewhere. It's awesome!

We share something. Couple of years ago on my son's first hunt with me (he was also 6 at the time) we called in a bobcat. He still talks about it and I bet he will for the rest of his life. Your boy will too!

That's just too cool, 12Ring. This should be a manual on how to get kids into predator hunting! Take him every chance you get.

This is how they start...

Before long they are 6'3" walking off into the sunset...

Agreed, Hunter of the Month stuff right there.

12Ring,

What brand is the bipod you have on your rifle in the first pic? I think I am going to need one as opposed to paying down my rifle. Thanks.

The bipod is one I made. Its two graphite golf clubs that I drilled a hole in the handles, used a thick plastic washer between them and attached them with a bolt and nut. Then I drilled the bottom big enough to fit a arrow insert. I glued in a a arrow Insert and used field tips for the feet. Then I glued a old bicycle tire at the top of the handles. I like to run the gun thru the bike tube. I can use it sitting on the ground orsitting on my swivel bucket.

The bullet is a Hand load 58 gr8 hornady vmax. Most of the time its small hole in and no hole out but occasionally its a huge hole if it hits bone.

Last edited:
Back