BL-C(2) in 1-10 .223

BeaverKiller

Before the gun scare and supply shortages, I had some BL-C(2) but ran out and ended up using IMR 4064 to load up .223 because I could find it. I have a 1-10 twist on my rifle and spit 55 gr V-Max's. I got my hands on some BL-C(2) once again and want to work up a load. I hadnt really worked up a load but got good accuracy with 24.5 grains, I think. Just curious to how many grains everyone else loads, if anyone loads these. Thanks

I run 27g blc2, 55g vmax for coyote, runs a tad under 3100fps in my 20" 1/9" twist bbl. Very accurate! My 24" bbl spits them at closer to 3300fps, as accurate.
This is just about max load also.

Hodgdon has 27.5 as its max load, but it really depends on your rig.
Your load is most likely going about 2900 fps vs 3000+ w/27g.
Id go with the best accurate load and for testing start at 25g and load in .5 & go from there.

I made some loads with 25 gr. and 26 gr. and Ill see what shoots best. Ive gotten [beeep] good accuracy with the BLC 2 compared to IMR 4064.

BLC2 is sensitive to temperature, so the load you love this summer, may fall apart this winter. There are many better choices in powder than the two you have mentioned with a 55 grain bullet. CFE 223, Benchmark, H335, H4895, or IMR-4895 would be a better choice.

Cfe is just as bad as blc-2, i even started a post on it, i have to load it way down in the heat compared to winter time hunting, i don'tlike either one.Originally Posted By: ninehorsesBLC2 is sensitive to temperature, so the load you love this summer, may fall apart this winter. There are many better choices in powder than the two you have mentioned with a 55 grain bullet. CFE 223, Benchmark, H335, H4895, or IMR-4895 would be a better choice.

BLC-2 in my Remington with 18”, 1-9” hits pressure early and best accuracy was real slow. I use 55 gr. Hornady FMJ. SP, Sierra SP, Nosler BT. Benchmark works much better in mine. Every gun is an individual regardless of it’s specs.

Back