BIG Game Trophies

Rhino Sparky, that is one of the coolest and most unique racks I have seen... A true trophy....

Elks, that one in velvet is badas s taxidermist able to preserve the velvet

AWS your drop tine buck is huge... You should have included your pic cleaning him from a step ladder...

Clarence, a 170 class whitetail is a lifetime trophy in most any whitetail hunters book...

Wiley... Wow... Just wow

Huntin AZ... Don't know what tops what... You girls or your cat... Coues is pretty bad as s too..

Indy, I can't wrap my mind around bringing those things in on a pole... I can only imagine your taxidermist bill...

You all have badas s trophies....

I like to show my daughter's trophies;

She has no shame shooting basket racks
tongue_smilie.gif

No shame shooting jakes either
w00t.gif

Last edited:
Great job on the young lady 762-hang on tight to those opportunities- they r precious - keep us posted
Great Thread!--oh ya back there a ways at the beginning -nice whitetail - i have soft spot for WHTail- next to coyote

My neighbors whitetail NNW Sask -- sick I know

Wow.. Truely great stuff.

I have really enjoyed reading all of these..

Thank you for sharing.

Mine isn't really a trophy.. But for the last 7 years i have been filling my freezer with Elk.. I hunt it, gut and clean, then process it, butcher it, and freeze it and flesh and send the hide in for tanning (cheaper than i can do it myself) and then use the hide for odds and end projects.

This year was the first time my father had ever gone. I felt lucky to finally do something that he hasn't done, and teach him.. It couldn't have gone better and i called the Elk into less than 50 yrds and he was suprised. (He said that i made it look easy)

Great collection of pictures of your daughter's progress, Jeremy!

Kudos to all who have shared our beloved sport with their kids. Spend all the time you can with them; they grow up all too fast but the memories you have built linger on.

Regards,
hm

Here you go for anyone that hasn't seen it already.

I used to skin up to 200 deer a season for the local butcher and this is the only one I've had to get up on a ladder for.

Last edited:
I've been fortunate enough to shoot 3 low fence/no protein deer that gross over 170, but the biggest by far is this 164 6/8 slick 8.

Here he is still on the hoof:

E5754204-CBEB-498E-9240-A177DEB94F16_zpsl7lhw5lc.jpg

After I shot him (sorry wasn't anybody around to run the camera, so I had to improvise to get him posed):

02A060E5-D5AE-47A7-85F6-DA76A610E43A_zpsbxso5r6b.jpg

One of the cooler ones is this one I call Eyeguard, I have switched phones since I shot him, and haven't gotten all the pics of him off it, but I think you can see where he got his name. He grossed 174 2/8:

EFEADBE6-3736-4413-A043-43F9D755B772_zpstvvkbtxq.jpg

Not monsters by any means but I have fond memories of them all! some by bow some with gun/black powder. My biggest ones.
avPjI7.jpg

GtxsT5.jpg

yOyDjN.jpg

vx1NWZ.jpg

F9Vps9.jpg

Yy3dMG.jpg

Picked up my 2014 Gemsbok at the taxidermist yesterday. He did a fabulous job of fitting the mount to the last available wall space remaining. I gave him a couple of pictures of the wall plus 3D measurements and he got the job done.

The eland in left corner is probably my proudest big game trophy, taken in 2004, but if you look below the eland, the doll in a wedding dress represents by far the best trophy I've ever brought home. A doll making friend made it from a picture of my wife on our wedding day in 1956 and I presented it to my wife on our 50th anniversary for putting up with me (and my menagerie) for half a century.

Regards,
hm

Clarence,

Very nice addition to your menagerie:) his horns almost poke a hole in your ceiling!

Did you get your 169 inch whitetail mounted?

I did, Jeremy. The whitetails are at the other end of the room.

Oh, the gemsbok's horns did gouge two pretty good dings in the ceiling while I was trying to hang him. Had to hang as high as possible to clear the end table. Amazing what a little correction fluid will cover up.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

Back