Big Coyote?

Klebanoff

This is a huge coyote for Arkansas. I'm interested in how it stacks up elsewhere. For reference I'm 6'-02". While I didn't weigh it, I can curl a 50 dumbbell pretty easily and wouldn't have wanted to hold this one for much longer than was needed to photograph it.

Attachments

• Carroll County coyote.jpg
    Carroll County coyote.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 56
Kind of hard to say from the picture. If you say it’s a big one for your area then it stacks up well for your area! Without a weight it’s pretty hard to say. 40lbs is fairly common here in my area of NY. I’ve only had a couple ever that went over 45lbs but there’s always someone out there that has shot a bunch of 50lbs plus coyotes and do it all the time. 🤔🙄 Lol…

This big manged up male is my biggest ever. 49.4 lbs

Congrats on the big coyote! They’re all an achievement to be proud of.

Last edited:
Couple of nice sized coyotes. Shame the one had mange. Seldom weigh one but I'd bet most are under 35 down here.

40+ lbs Male Sept. 2016_Original.jpeg

Here’s a 50 lbs Coyote I shot a few years back in Nevada. For reference I’m 6’1”….. We have shot 3 or 4 this size out there. We took biggest Coyote a few years ago in the World Coyote Contest with a 45 lbs Coyote.

Good Hunting Chad

That's the one I was hoping to get but is no longer produced. I'll keep an eye on the classifieds in case one pops up.

View attachment 6988
Here’s a 50 lbs Coyote I shot a few years back in Nevada. For reference I’m 6’1”….. We have shot 3 or 4 this size out there. We took biggest Coyote a few years ago in the World Coyote Contest with a 45 lbs Coyote.

Good Hunting Chad
50# is HUGE for Nevada, especially if it was southern Nevada.
Average coyotes in far southern Nevada run around 20-25#.

No, it was Northern Nevada. 3 of the 4 50 pounders came from the same general area spaced out over 5 or 6 years . Good genetics and food I guess.

Back