Big Bush = Big Double

Those are great looking animals. I just recently got my first bobcat and coyotes are next on my list. I hope that when I get one it looks like one of those.

300magman--Thanks for the great write-up and photos. That country you hunt in looks very interesting, but I'm sure glad I get to hunt in wide-open spaces where I can see coyotes coming from waaaaay out yonder
laugh.gif
Even where I can see for a mile those doggone gray ghosts are able to sneak up on me and kind of appear out of thin air. I'm afraid that "bush country" would give those coyotes too much of an advantage for my old eyes and ears!
lol.gif

Those are two very nice looking coyotes.

Do you find that BogPod fairly easy to use? Since you can swivel 360º it should be pretty nice for moving targets. Is it hinged so you can move the aiming point up and down too or do you have to lift up on the butt of the rifle to adjust for elevation? That looks like the kind of rig that would be perfect for the style I use for prairie dogs hunting--I do walk-abouts and normally lay prone, but that BogPod would allow me to sit and make it easier to see the little vermin. Do you find that the bright colored material just below the rest alerts coyotes to your presense or doesn't it seem to matter if you are sitting still?

I hope that one day soon you are able to call in a wolf or two. Thanks again for posting the great report.

Hey guys, thanks for all the compliments, I sure appreciate it!

Tim, thanks buddy...all mine are easy though, not power housing through the thick [beeep] bush to get em moving, so yours are worth 10 of mine anyway!! Lets say were even on the week, haha!

Wasteland...your right, it was a ranged 111 yds so I rounded down to 110, haha! I know what you mean though, it does look a bit farther in the pic.

Newbie, its been around -15 to -20 F, unfortunately its suppoosed to start warming up quite a bit over the next few days. That'll slow down the yote movement for sure.

BPS, I wasn't even gonna set up in that exact spot, but how could I resist a "tire blind". Crazy the crap you find way back on these cutlines

Silverfox, the sticks are pretty easy to use. It took some practise, but I can adjust them on the fly almost as easily as a bi-pod now. It's not hinged, so you either have to lift the butt of the rifle, or raise/lower the forward leg of the tripod by bringing in closer or farther away from you (i prefer to raise/lower the front leg, as that way I don't lose any of the stability offered by the rest). Its really easy to make small elevation changes of the fly that way, and as soon as I see a yote, my right hand is on the trigger and my left hand on that forward leg so I can make the small adjustments neccessary. I don't think the red color makes a difference (can;t say for sure, but I have been using the "sticks with the red grips for quite a while, and to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't affected anything). Whenever I have spooked one, it has always been when making big movements with my whole body and shooting rig, so I don't really think it was the grips. Just my 2 cents, but I think they would make an awesome rest for prairie dogs, I know I'm gonna be taking mine out a few times shooting prairie dogs for sure this summer.

Again everyone, thanks and happy hunting!

Originally Posted By: galloway1711Those are great looking animals. I just recently got my first bobcat and coyotes are next on my list. I hope that when I get one it looks like one of those.

I had meant to say, I would trade you 40 of those yotes for one chance at a bobcat...you've already taken something that has been on my wish list for years. So good on ya!

Job well done as always !
thumbup1.gif
Gorgeous calling country along with some gorgeous lookin yotes as well. Ever get a weight on them? Or could you venture a guess ? Because wow..... biggguns they are.

" I'm ashamed to say this, but I missed the lead dog at no more than 50yds " No shame to be had, it happens!

Back