Big AZ Bobcat

Originally Posted By: AlecMan that would make an awsome full body mount, if they have a fourm that big!!

i havent put up fur before. my friend does he said it was 40" after he skinned it. i would, but i got a colorful one be made into a rug right now. that and it took a .243 to the face.

Last edited:
They always look big when you hold them out from your body. Awesome spots on that cat. I really like the more brownish tan ones. I killed a 32 pounder last night. They are more grey around my neck of the woods.

Originally Posted By: AubreyD.They always look big when you hold them out from your body. Awesome spots on that cat. I really like the more brownish tan ones. I killed a 32 pounder last night. They are more grey around my neck of the woods.

im a fisherman, so holding stuff way out in front comes naturally lol. dude that is a huge cat

Originally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatI was waiting for someone to comment on the "long arming"...lol

Very nice cat!

Yeah, now that somebody said something about the "long arming".........

Here is a tutorial on how to properly present a Big AZ Bobcat;

1. Place left hand around neck
2. Repeat with remaining hand
3. Lift Bobcat for presentation....
4. See enclosed file if confusion ensues;

Originally Posted By: Arizona BushmanOriginally Posted By: AzDiamondHeatI was waiting for someone to comment on the "long arming"...lol

Very nice cat!

Yeah, now that somebody said something about the "long arming".........

Here is a tutorial on how to properly present a Big AZ Bobcat;

1. Place left hand around neck
2. Repeat with remaining hand
3. Lift Bobcat for presentation....
4. See enclosed file if confusion ensues;

well this one didnt have face, so that wouldnt work lol. i think i like my way better anyway. here is the one im getting made to a rug right now
10csupe.jpg

Where are you getting the rug made at?? I had two at a local Mesa taxidermist for over two years and they never even touched them!! I ended up getting my cats back from the guy and a refund check........which was also bad.

ya ive heard a couple crazy stories about local taxidermy places recently. i get all my stuff done by chris williams up in show low. he's not always the cheapest but they do excellent work there.

Originally Posted By: reddog964That is a Sweet cat... No matter how tall you are
smile.gif

haha, 5'6. makes even the smallest cat look decent

Are you sure he weighed 21 pounds? I would think he went 31 pounds. He is a stocky and heavy-looking cat.

Either way, he's a nice trophy. Congratulations.

nice cat,
there is nothing like taking a big cat.I had a rare tag here in Wis. and took a 30 lb. tom.I have to agree with 6mm06 that looks way bigger than 23 lbs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Are you sure he weighed 21 pounds? I would think he went 31 pounds. He is a stocky and heavy-looking cat.

Either way, he's a nice trophy. Congratulations.

i was thinking the same thing, i lift a lot and it felt heavier than a 25lb plate to me. but i weighed myself at 170, i got on the bathroom scale and im pretty sure it said 191.

thanks everyone for the compliments. i really appreciate it guys.

I would not have had any doubt if you had said it weighed over 30, I guessed over 30 looking at the pic before I read your post. Dang nice cat no matter.

Cats can fool you on what they will weigh. Here in Kentucky, most of the mature male cats that I've taken and have seen others taken, will average in the 22-24 pound range. I shot one last week, and after packing him for about a mile, would have swore he would weigh well over 25 pounds. He weighed 23.5 pounds, and that was on a set of certified scales. From what I have seen, the western and northern cats weigh more than the ones here in this part of the country. I also think it has a lot to do with what they have to eat. A well fed cat will most definitely weigh more than one that is half starved.

Back