Best Western State for an Eastern guy to go coyote hunting?

I can see no reason to waste money on a guided hunt unless you have plenty to throw around, or just want some extras that go with a guided deal.

The advice here is good. Get BLM and Forest Service maps and have at it in New Mexico, Arizona, or Nevada. Nebraska is problematic due to reduced numbers as a result of mange. I have not hunted Wyoming, but the ranchers hammer them pretty hard I think. I have not hunted eastern Colorado either, but most land there is private. Texas is an outstanding option if you go the guided route as they are overrun with varmints.

ghilliedogger,

Why would you make a suggestion like that?
crazy.gif

here ya go... WEST RIVER SD...
i get the opportunity to hunt almost every scenario, we have sandhills, meadows, farmground, open prairie, rough ponderosa filled hills and canyons, hardwood creek bottoms, badlands... lots of amazing places, heck you get tired of looking @ the open prairie i pack up in my ranger and drive 5 miles to some thick pine filled canyons!!!

Ha Ha Ha Bluesman, you know exactly why
smile.gif
. . . . funny thing is we thought we would be done fighting the weather out there until we sunk a truck up to the axles in mud this weekend. . . we made that trip memorable
smile.gif

If it were me, I would definitely do a guided hunt or meet up with a memeber from the state you wanna hunt. Nothing worst then spending all that money on airfair and hunting a state you've only seen on a map and go home empty handed. I would highly recomend looking into Duane@SSU for a guided hunt. Very competitive prices and you'll have a [beeep] of a time. And for non-guided Nevada or Wyoming but just make sure you bring the GPS.

Last edited:
+1 for Tony Tebbe....spent 3 days with him last month.....great experience, I learned a lot and killed 4 coyotes in one morning.....should have been 5. :-(

Highly recommended!!!!

George

Whatever one they have so many they have to shoot them from helicopters...being from the east if i could shoot 5 coyotes a day i would probably quit...it would be more like killing then hunting when there's that many...may take the challenge out of it....but if theres that many they need killed off...

like i said i call the east from the ohio river ..and east...then 30 miles south of I80 running the rest of the way to the east...seems thats where the numbers from decent hunters drop down to 1 to 3 coyotes a year...and hunt there tails off...
try every trick in the book and cant seal the deal...
then these same guys which i know about 8....can go unguided out west...and kill 3 to 5 coyotes in a day or 2...

If you have the Jewels for it... I like the idea of frozen snow and hungry coyotes hanging around cattle yards... but those are well earned Kahonous Coyotes....

Back