Best Light for Night hunting

No I want to hear all opinions about it. Although no one has been that upset with theirs yet there have been some reall happy people with theirs after the few small repairs. But I am with oiler for Around 250-275$ for all the goodies the light shouldn't have to have any mods from the box. Any other thoughts or reviews would be great.

Hmmmm...Mine is still fairly new, and has only seen one hard weekend of hunting. That being said, it has held up just fine after my mod's to it. Some view it as being made cheaply, and it very may well be, as compared to the price they charge for it. I choose to view it as "cutting edge" materials, made a specific way, to make it extremely light weight. (I'm referring to the housing and lens, not the entire unit)
It really is hard to imagine that this particular market is so bare. There really are VERY few choices of lighting for dedicated predator hunter's. I had my eye on one that is made by a predator hunter, for predator hunter's. It's VERY VERY pricey though, and I have no experience with this particular light.
It sports some unique features that were incorperated with only the predator hunter in mind.
I don't wish to step on the toes of paid advertiser's, even though I'm within my right to do so, being as I too have laid out the money for a Lightforce... Even so, I will not post the information on this site. If you think you might want to spend $475.00 and wait almost 2 months for a light, PM me and I'll shoot you the info. You can be the judge from that point on.

In the meantime, I will continue to use my Walkabout. I have no plans on buying another light at this time. I'm hoping my Lightforce holds up, and I won't have to buy another light again.

After reading all the post about trouble with lights and seeing Yetihunter's light on the 'disgusted with lightforce" thread I have been inspired to go on a mission to create the ultimate predatorlight.I love to tinker with things and have the knowledge.I sure this quest will take me awhile to locate all the parts and get the funds together.I have spent a pile in predator hunting lately so I have to replenish the bank acount. I'll keep you fellas posted on my findings.This will give me an off season project.Also to add to the light issue,I own a nightblaster 12v max350 and it works great for me right now.Mine has the 12 amp hour battery,is plenty bright,and last a long time.It hasn't went dead yet but I use it as a gun light as meant to be.I can see some room for improvement on the wiring harness but figured why mess with it when it works.I wouldn't call this light a Quote "TURD". I plan to use this light on my 22lr after I build my own extremely bright light for my 243win.

hound_tracker, I certainly meant no offense to you when calling my / my brother's optronics "turds". My brother's was the "compact" and mine was the "250 yard" model. I've never seen / tried the "Max 350" model. We tried these Optronics first and then tried a nightblaster and one other WalMart spotlight that boasted some serious CP. Those latter two spotlights went in the garbage. Let me just say this, for the wide open area we have out here I've found every spotlight other than the lightforce to be far inferior. I still have both of the optronics sitting here in a box; maybe I should be trying to sell them. Or I could mount the 250 yard model on one of my friend's scopes when we go hunting - they might like it and maybe want to buy it!

i like my home made light!! i use it out of a hatch and have a shooter and a lighter. i could adapt it to a chair and be the lighter and the shooter. 200.000 cp and it does everything but drag the yote back!!lol dim lite , brite lite, on off and vol for caller and buzzer for the shooter to come up and shoot!! open top shield to hide truck and see eyes in a large range.. oh. yah ! it all fits in a box so i can use it in anybodys rig.. works for me!! and all it takes to use it is a cig. plug!! grandpa fudge

Songdogslayer,
No offense taken here. I guess sometimes you can get a bad 1 or you can get a good 1. It's probably that the lght just fits my needs better. Here in my part of VA we don't have to take long shots. Most areas I call ,I can get them around 100 yds.

Quote:
Hammer I will gladly take your problem light away!PM me for my address /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well big talker are you going to walk the walk or back out of your words here?

Are you going to buy my light?

Hammer

Quote:
Yeah hammer even though My light force broke at the cigerate plug I will take yours if ya dont want it. I havnt called the peopel rick told me to get in touch with yet but I will monday.

If the big talker who has not responded to me is not going to buy this you will correct?

Hammer

I don't see anything mentioned about buying your light. What i see written is "if you don't want it, i'll take it." To me that means I'll reid you of your problem at no cost to you or me.

this light is still the best out there. yes, they are having some problems but rick at tufflights said they are improving them. sending my two lights back tomorrow. they are willing to correct the problems. great product and great service.

It's really difficult to say what the "best" light is. After all, none of us night hunt exactly the same way. Some guys mount lights on weapons, on their heads, some team hunt with a lighter and a shooter, some hard mount the light on a high-chair and some scan hand-held.

How about features such as balance, durable materials, innovative design, ease of handling, light weight and dependability under harsh hunting conditions? It's unfair to make a decision about the "best" light until you've hunted with all of them.

Quote:
I don't see anything mentioned about buying your light. What i see written is "if you don't want it, i'll take it." To me that means I'll reid you of your problem at no cost to you or me.

How does that work at the store or the car dealership?

When you say "I'll take it"

You must get a lot of free stuff /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hammer

I have a optronics night blaster 512 12v $37.50 with a electric scooter battery.
budsgunshop.com
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/68369

I can't find a thing wrong with it. While it may be nothing that NASA would put its name on its completely adequite. Another thing to consider if 1 512 just wont put out enough light for $76.00 I can have 2# and if one fails I'll have a backup. I can use one until I need more and the scooter bat is easily capable to handle 2 lights. Am I missing something here? Seems a matter of preference. Its easy to be knit picky about things but if you don't consider possibilities your cheating yourself.
Im just asking that you be open minded. Try 2# 512s If that wont cut it sell them on EBAY. Save one for a backup if your $200.00 light gives up. 2# 512s produce plenty bright!
DEFCON

Nahuatl, you probably have a light close to what Granpa Fudges light looks like.
After all you were both in the same club but years apart. I'm sure you both hunted the same way......You both remember the shooter saying.......BRUN EM lol.

still sends goose bumps up my neck!!! your right billy!! but most of the guys had the light built in to the truck. plug it in to a wall plug and your ready to go. mine is the same thing but it's in a box that you can use in any truck or other rig!! not any better , just more more moble.. cig.lighter plug and plug all the stuff on the out side of the box and you are ready! plus i have a back up light that fits in the plug to do the dame thing.. can't be too carefull on a long hunt!! grandpa fudge

Yeah, I had a set up something like that also. My lights plugged into regular outlets and I always had a back up light. Besides the 12 volt lights, I had a moble 9 volt light just incase I got into a 9 volt area.

Now they have so many laws, I feel sorry for the newer guys.
Shotgun area, 9 volt area, rifle area, 12 volt area, no smoking area, no lighting area.....Kinda sounds like Russia use to be.

As the proud owner of two lightforces now, the only complaints seem to be on the in-line switch and the cigarette plug. I have replaced my cigarette plugs with direct connections to a battery and have had no problems after that.

The REAL beauty of the lightforce is the range it has when you are using it with a red filter. QBeam and others are OK, but can not come close.

When you are looking for eyes back in the brush all night, the light force is definitely an advantage. You can also buy the light alone for about $100 to get started. Add some red Dykem to the lens or buy the red filter, wrap a half piece of black posterboard around it for a great 15 inch shround and you are good to go.

The difference is the quality of light - I fought making the plunge, but once I saw my friend Shaunt's, I understood.

Back