best foxpro call

Absolutely. $250 can go a long ways around my house.

I don't have all the bells and whistles some of the other callers have, but what I have works for me and paid half of what some of the others are going for

lol,, Aren't you the same guy that has bought and owned a bunch of Wildlife Tech callers and a bunch of the higher end Foxpro callers?

Money? Really? lol

Yep, That's me. For the amount of money I have spent and all the callers I have had and sold, this set up is the most user friendly and easy to pack, and was half the cost of those other high end callers.

Glad your keeping up with my transactions and post.

Last edited:
Depends on where your at the wildfire is a nice call and cheap its all I need for where I hunt. I did buy the sp55 speaker and I have only used it one time when it was extremely windy. When you figure in a fox jack decoy and sp55 your around 300 and have everything you need. If your worried about weight I can get my call bag and weigh it and post it later.

The post before me has it right, depending on area and I'm east. I started with a FX3 first, then scorpion, and onto cs24..

Now I have a wildfire 2 with fox jack and a TOA speaker off eBay.

IMO you can't beat the extras with the wildfire 2,
Best of all I'm under $300 with this lightweight setup.

Anyone starting out, skip the spitfire and spend $200 on the wildfire and be done with it.
Decoy and speaker is nice but not needed.

I started off with a Wildfire2. I worked great calling in coyotes, but the remote always seemed to be a pain in the rear. Always have to have a line of sight with the caller. Decided to upgrade up to the fury this year and have done a lot of calling this year so far. I love it. Some stands are in some thick pines, swamps etc... I've never had to lift the remote off my knee to send the signal. It's light weight and sounds great. I'm expecting a SP55 from APC. The reason I bought the extra speaker is to send the sound in two different directions.

Wildfire....best bang for your buck. Has a good remote, can have tons of sounds, can add the jack decoy, its fairly small and light.

+1 for the WildfireII. Small, light weight, good remote, holds more sounds than anyone could ever need, can add a decoy or extra speaker, comparatively cheap. The old Toyota pickup of callers, nothing fancy to break, always gets the job done.

Originally Posted By: cbosshog79I have had several Foxpro units going back to the FX3 to the CS24 now. I have really enjoyed the CS24 and the sound is great but in all honesty if I could only have one unit the most versatile system I've ever had was a Scorpion in a Yoters Den bag with a SP-55 speaker.

I've had a FX3 and a Firestorm and I now have a Scorpion with the Yoters den Deployment Bag and SP-55 speaker and I'd say my opinion is spot on with yours.

My brother uses the Spitfire. However, I wanted more volume and was willing to accept more weight. Looking at my needs/wants vs. cost I settled on the Hellfire with the Blackjack decoy. I'm happy with the purchase.

I just got my Wildfire 2 yesterday.(now I feel everyone has one lol) I put the sound on 20 let a coyote howl rip. And my girl heard me all the way on the other side of the house from outside. And thought I was trumpeting on my calls again. It's loud enough for me. Don't forget it's going to be 60-100 yards away from you. It'll reach a coyotes hearing.I would like a Hellfire though. Just like the looks I guess. But I'm very happy with the wildfire 2.

There are a lot of good FoxPro Callers out there. Find one in your price range and be happy. You might find the "be happy" comment silly, but knowing your personality is a big part of which caller. Truth is they will all call critters, but will YOU be happy with one of the lower end units?

I know me. I would buy one, then sell it at a loss and then the next step up within a couple of months. Then next step up will be nicer but I wanted the nicer unit and will in turn sell that one and buy another. Nothing is wrong with this approach, but don't think that you are saving a penny doing it this way.

I use to run an old Johnny Stewart MS512 and had fun with those cassette tapes back in the day. When it was time to upgrade after being out of the game for a while, I bought a Shockwave. I don't have to buy another one next month. Again, that's just my personality, if you are happy with another unit - cool.

Back