Best e-caller

Well, I never heard back from Manaska after being told I’d receive a PDF catalog.
Ended up going with the Icotec Outlaw+
If I can’t kill something with all these sounds I need to sell everything I have and take up badminton.
Thanks for the responses.
Plus it's super easy to add even more sounds to an Icotec.

The wife is heading out of town tomorrow to go watch a hockey game so I’ll definitely be using it this weekend.
It’s the start of burn season right now, so we’ll definitely have some “open” areas to hunt too. When we burn of the places I trap, I’ll immediately set the burns as soon as we’re done. Burns = predators!!

The wife is heading out of town tomorrow to go watch a hockey game so I’ll definitely be using it this weekend.
It’s the start of burn season right now, so we’ll definitely have some “open” areas to hunt too. When we burn of the places I trap, I’ll immediately set the burns as soon as we’re done. Burns = predators!!
Burns = a lot of critters. I think everything loves a fresh burnt area.

IMG_5531_Original.jpeg

Yep!!

Alf, don't know about the lithium, but I just run Duracell in the remote and their battery pack in the call. It was a "holy shit" moment for me when I got to 200, let alone beyond that. My Fusion is not dependable at 50 raised 15" .

I presently have all brands named here except Minaska.All work n call coyotes.Line of sight operation distance for me has always gone to Foxpro.Actually by 'far'(pun intended).I won't say how far cause most wouldn't believe me but one member on here helped me test my old Shockwave once.Lets say it was beyond 500 yds.Yes.Not a misprint.Over 75 yds out of sight behind a metal machine shed.
Think my Lucky Duck has the best sound 'quality' but kind of a toss up.
For me durability and build quality is the key factor.Foxpro hands down wins that category.Followed by WT but that has the worst remote I've owned.

There are a few straight up killers here where I live. One uses an LD, the other an FP caller. The killers will be killers regardless of call brand I believe.

LOVE!... the X24, for sure! But make sure you're 100% totally ready before you press play... if you're in the middle of a thicker area where you're only going to see them traverse a short distance of maybe 30yds across the opening. (Such as making a set within an area with lotsa Junipers closer together)

Typically I just walk right up to the intended Juniper of Destruction and find a nice branch about chest height that'll hold the caller up in the bush.

Setup about 25yds or less from it, looking upon it Crosswind.

And definitely pay attention when acquiring new sounds to try to get a nice high bitrate like 256/320KBps sound files. With that Coaxial Tweeter they have on it... as long as the recording caught it well and was recorded at a high bitrate? It'll sound just like you're standing right there next to an actual critter, the fidelity is dang good on this thing!

I'm not even going with the "best" e caller, I suspect all of them will get the job done. I use a FoxPro High Jack and it has the TX-100 remote which is "awesome", large font, easy to see at night with failing eyes, and volume is proven to be plenty loud, programmable, light weight, I can't find a reason to buy another or bash this one

Back