Best AR hunting trigger

Originally Posted By: 1FoxIs the only difference between the RR 2 Stage Varmint 3.5lb and the NM 4.5lbs the springs?

That is correct. However, we've had some customers have light primer strikes with the Varmint 3.5lb trigger when using russian ammo, 5.56 primers, etc. We only carry the 4.5lb option and some customers will buy aftermarket springs (Such as the JP Reduced Power Springs) and install only the reduced power trigger spring to ensure a heavier hammer fall.

Anyone ever use a hyperfire?
Ive bought the 243G from a gun show for a good price and haven been using it for little over a year now and really like it. It has the 2 coil springs that push on the hammer.
Ive shot a little over 3000 rounds with it with no problem. I take it apart and clean it good every now and again. Mostly when the rifle gets really muddy from hunting or covered in corn dust or dirt.

Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanAnyone ever use a hyperfire?
Ive bought the 243G from a gun show for a good price and haven been using it for little over a year now and really like it. It has the 2 coil springs that push on the hammer.
Ive shot a little over 3000 rounds with it with no problem. I take it apart and clean it good every now and again. Mostly when the rifle gets really muddy from hunting or covered in corn dust or dirt.

I've used a Hiperfire 24C quite a bit. We've sold a ton of them. They're really nice. By far one of the most refined triggers out there.

I've had a Geissele SSA on one lower for a number of years. I bought it not long after they came on the market. I decided to upgrade another lower this fall and bought the LaRue MBT trigger. I ended up paying $99 for it, I've got it installed and t's a very nice trigger. I like a two stage but I think like most things it's a personal preference. If you're not in a hurry you can get a LaRue for $125, good price for a quality piece of kid.

Geissele High Speed DMR for me. I own SSA, SSA-E, LaRue MBT, HS MATCH, and DMR. The first stage is a bit over 2lbs, and my 2nd stage is 1.5lbs. So for bench work, I have a 1.5lb trigger, and for hunting when I squeeze straight thru both stages, I have a 3.5-4 lb trigger which is adequate with gloves.

Back