Best AK-47 ?

That's a hard question to answer as written. Yes some are junk and yes some will make good 100-200yd groups considering what the rifle and caliber were made for. The rifle was made for cleaning out the the ruined/bombed out city's of eastern Europe where 200yds was considered a long shot.
I have one now, (a psa upper on one of my lowers) that i just put a romeo5 on with a utg 3x magnifier that zeroed at 25yds did a two hole four shot group at 100yds , one inside the other not quite touching, and i'm just starting this test.

No this isn't anything to write home about but it does show what this caliber can do with a halfway decent barrel. (i am using junk tulammo) The group was 3.5" high at 100yds, and should be very close to dead on at 200yds which is what i'm looking for when done.
I have had no problem hitting the steel plates, (386yds)at our range with any of the six or so ak47's or ar47's or sks's i had tried this with.

The 7.62x39 does just what it was made for and there is a reason sks's and ak47's have 800-1000 meter sights on them, and yes they will kill coyotes at 400yds. If your looking for a "street sweeper" caliber for close work this will do the job.

Last edited:
Back