Best .224 cartridge for 12-14” SBR

So far the lube has seemed to really settle down my BHW barrel. 98% of my testing has been without HBN so it's a small sample size and I learned some tricks in that 98% of testing that's getting carried over to HBN testing but my test groups have much less variation.

I could always get the barrel to shoot decent but before lube the accuracy node would be around 3/4" with most bullets but the same bullet and powder at the wrong weight charge would open groups to 3 to 4 inches, with the lube everything I've tested has been around the 3/4" to 2" or less. So it's not shooting any more accurately but more consistently. And I need to test more but I think that will really help with cold bore shots staying in the group, my BHW would really throw cold bore shots sometimes.

All of this HBN testing has been done with a 1-4x Leupold VXR, great scope but it's got a thick reticle with a glowing dot, the reticle covers around 2moa so... I consider this gun shooting well when the reticle covers the group.

Back