Beginning to get into reloading thoughts?

I think your making great choices. RockChucker press is timeless and the ChargeMaster Lite gets great reviews, better than the original. Imperial sizing lube is great, also get the dry lube neck kit. Amazon I-Gauging calipers work good along with Hornady Bullet and headspace comparators. +1 on the Forster lock rings, easy to lock down and loosen by hand. Deburring tools and primer pocket cleaners and your off to a great start!

Originally Posted By: Brad PhillipsI use Lee trimmers for most stuff. Cheap and easy. I bought a WCT for .223 , good for bulk stuff and it is fast. Trimmed up a square bucket full of .223 early this spring. I do like the Sierra book, folds flat and they have great bullets. But I must admit that I have a small collection of books from most bullet makers. Makes for good reference material.

Some great suggestions on here from guys who have “refined” how they do things over the years.

I lube size & de-prime cases, then trim & chamfer, driving case w/cordless drill. While case still turning, set down trimmer, pick up rag and remove case lube all in one motion. It's faster than measuring and trimming as needed.

Sent the Forster trimmer in background down the road as the Lee is much quicker and I no longer turn necks.

35344204834_8602bd30bc_z.jpg

If primer pockets need cleaning, the sewing machine motor driven wire brush @ left will do that, too, all while handling the case one time only.

The split lock rings are great, with one drawback for use on Dillon 450. The allen head screw sticks out far enough to hang up on other lock rings. RCBS rings are fine and screw heads are recessed to be compatible w/Dillon. Once set, you never have to change anyway unless moving to another press.

Regards,
hm

I still have my rcbs tool for camfering, bought a new one with a handle between the interchangeable tips. Lyman? Maybe?

Also bought a round ball handle end for my Lee .308 trimmer. Easier to hang onto like hm1996’s Combo tool.

Last edited:
Back