Bear Creek Arsenal

Yeah I can handle the trouble shooting end..lol My issue is that they have to do so many returns that everyone notes how well they do it. Spending an inordinate amount of times swapping uppers and parts back and forth just isn't a good endorsement for quality IMHO.

I do agree the side chargers are nice and are pretty reliable. I've got a pair of them up on the shelf awaiting my decision on what to build.

Greg

First thing I do is tear their uppers down and reassemble unless I've just ordered it to get an upper combo. They are much better at customer service than screwing together a quality assembly. The biggest issue I've seen is horrid crowns. I do have a few accurate barrels from them. The potential is there but the consistency is not. I was fine with that until prices went through the roof.

Last edited:
None of the four 243 20" uppers that were found passed BCA's MOA test. I was told they all shot between 2 to 2.5 MOA. Back to the original plan of waiting for the new tooling.

Last edited:
So five barrels and none make the cut? Looks like you are in lottery ticket territory. Maybe they should test every upper before they go out.

Greg

I’m sorry to hear all the problems you guys are having with BCA uppers / barrels. Maybe I just got lucky with my 6.5 Grendel 20” barreled upper, but I have been very pleased with it as I mentioned earlier. It is accurate and never had a jam or issue. Have dropped 11 coyotes with it this season. Got a good deal on it last year for $276 shipped to my door. I figured I would take a chance on it, given the price. I have not been disappointed. Hope you get the issues resolved.

I only paid about about $14 more for mine so I don’t mind waiting till their new tooling arrives. I already have the same caliber in a heavy barrel that is tac driver if I want to shoot. There isn’t anyone one out there selling 243 uppers for $300 so if I get a refund there is no where else to buy one for the same amount of money so l will wait. My guess is BCA will finally get their 243 tooling right before to hunting season. I’d rather have them tell me all failed instead of sending another poorly machined upper and I waste my time load testing it all over again.

Last edited:
Dultimatpredator how in the heII are you getting in touch with bca? i have tried for a week with no luck at all. many, many phone calls and emails through their own website. crickets.

I just call their phone number and either dial for customer service or sales. They never did call me back to tell me when the expected tooling would arrive so I’ll have to follow up again.

I just received an email at 6:10 am from Cody. I’ve been talking with Jon Timms originally. Then I received a random email from Mary a few weeks ago. She basically sent the same type of email but didn’t say the 20” 243 was discontinued. After Mary tested the 4 junk uppers she found Mary said would find out when the new tooling is scheduled in and call me back a weeks from last Friday. I never received a call back. Now I get an email from Cody...

I'm contacting you today in regards to order #2000213281 and the assembly you sent in for repair/replacement. At this time we have an upper that will shoot a 2" moa grouping that we would like to offer you along with a $50.00 coupon. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may or has caused you but at this time the program for this assembly has been discontinued due to the inability to perfect the tooling process. Please let us know how you would like to proceed with this ticket. Thank you and have a great day!

Team BCA

I replied telling them I expect a phone call back as soon as they open . They must have extremely poor communication skills between employees as I keep getting someone new emailing me on my issue.

Last edited:
I did get ahold of BCA this morning. They are discontinuing the 243 chambering. I asked to send my old upper back so I could sell it but I first wanted to know if any of the 4 they tested grouped better. I was told I’d get a call back on the groups of each.

I just received a call back and was told BCA warranty has now changed. I was told they don’t guarantee MOA anymore on any BCA barrels now like they did on my upper. I also could not have mine back now... or any of the four because they did not pass MOA testing! BUT.....they found 2 more 20” 243 uppers that were coded differently than what in the system. BCA told me both uppers will be MOA tested this afternoon. If one passes it’s mine...if both pass the employee who helped me is buying the other.

Just received a call back. One upper shot 2 MOA and the other upper wouldnt cycle. They are going to try and repair the other upper's cycling issues and test it in the morning

I used one of their complete uppers in a 6.5grendel build and have had no issues with it. Functions fine and is accurate. The only complaint I might have is the hand guard feels "cheap" but other than that its a good upper. My .308 ar10 I put together I used a bear creek arsenal barrel and the rest of the parts were aero precision. I'm very happy with that build, in planning on doing the same thing again in .450 bushmaster

Originally Posted By: DultimatpredatorJust received a call back. One upper shot 2 MOA and the other upper wouldnt cycle. They are going to try and repair the other upper's cycling issues and test it in the morning

I started at new post on my issue. But to follow up on this BCA sent me the last two of the 2 MOA uppers that cycled. It shot around 1.5 MOA with cheap, junky, full metal jackets that were using for testing. No wonder none shot MOA . They send me the four shot test group. Looks like three were MOA and one flier. I’m sure with quality hand loads I will get it to shoot under MOA. They also gave me a $50 coupon to use in 3 weeks time that I can’t use on lowers or complete guns. The upper that was went to me I was told has been coded different. It was easy to figure out why as soon as I saw it. BCA used the upper assembly housing from the same one used for the 22” stainless heavy barrel assembly along with the new style hand guard. The taper of the this hand guard looks and fits better on my Aero M5 lower than the one they offered for retail sale on the 20” version. I don’t believe they ever retailed the style they sent me...or it was just a surprise when who ever bought it opened their box.

Last edited:
Back