barrel length

Very slight between mid and rifle. Between carbine and rifle if you don't have a short barrel the carbine is way too violent on the gassing.

Greg

Same here the Arma Lite 15A4B 18 is the one that I shoot the most My 20 is a VEX SS it it is set up for long range shooting and is one very good target shooting gun My Bushmaster is my fun gun lite and swings fast. This gun would be good in close quarters All three guns like different weight bullets I am building 2 new uppers to play with one 1/7 1/8 all my lowers have the 31/2 lb Timney triggers what do you'll think about the Timney?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: GWHunterI haven't shot enough different rifles to compare, but will you notice the difference in recoil and faster follow ups with the different length gas systems?

I put an Adjustable gas block on my 20" with a rifle length gas system and there is quite a big difference between a 16" carbine length gas system and the 20" turned down.
Shot a coyote at 275 yards yesterday and after recoil I was still on him..plus the 20" is heavier also of course.

My Daniel Defense Ambush Firearms AR15 5.56 has an 18" long barrel on it. That's how they built it at the factory. I figure they know what they were doing so I bought it from them at a local store. Nice gun and shoot the 5.56 62 grain M855 FMJ bullets well. 1:7 twist rate on this 18" long barrel.

Back