Banish 22k

zhelton

Finally started the process with Silencer central and I got the Banish 30 and they had a promotion for free 22k. They say it isnt rated for more than 22lr, has anyone tried it woth 17hmr?
Thanks

I did the same for the Cyber Monday sale. Says on their site under the description and spec's for the Banish 22 that it will also work on the 22 Hornet, 17HMR and even the 5.7x28. So what is the difference between the 22k and the 22? I have to call them tomorrow, so I'll ask.

I was told on the phone that day it will not hamdle 17hmr and they were trying to get me to upgrade to 22 banish instead. I cant seem to fjnd specs on the 22k anywhere though

I read some reviews on some other sites and decided to change my order from the 22k to the Banish 22. Seems like it is a waste of a tax stamp to get the 22k.

Last edited:
My hunting buddy uses the Banish 223 on his 20 inch AR and it works fine. It's not quite as quiet at 7 inches as my Banish 30 is at 9 inches, but it does a pretty good job.

So what about the Banish is garbage?? I have one and could shoot an entire flat of bullets with no hearing discomfort. Heck, the critters don’t seem to notice it either. Getting multiple shots now whereas without it I wasn’t unless they were running hard. Now they run a little and stop trying to figure out what that sound was and where did it come from.

So what about the Banish is garbage?? I have one and could shoot an entire flat of bullets with no hearing discomfort. Heck, the critters don’t seem to notice it either. Getting multiple shots now whereas without it I wasn’t unless they were running hard. Now they run a little and stop trying to figure out what that sound was and where did it come from.

Give it time, they have serious durability issues and are a poor design for repeatability. Seen several that were not even machined square. Customer service is horrible even by today's standards. Do some research and you'll learn more.

You may be correct, but Korey Kirschenmann kills more coyotes than anybody I know (over 500 last season) and the Banish 30 (formerly Varminter 3 and Varminter 4) is the suppressor he uses. I believe they are machined by Mack Brothers which seems to be a pretty reputable company. Anyway, I've been shooting mine for 5 years with a lot of rounds down the tube, and it has been flawless.

Not sure what you mean by customer service, but the entire process of ordering the first one was as seamless as could be.
On my second I placed an order online on a Tuesday and was done with everything by Thursday with my final call scheduled the following Tuesday where it went to the ATF.
I ordered my suppressor based off the plantation my son works uses nothing but Banish 30’s.
Sounds like you had a bad experience, care to share?
I can’t find too many bad reviews to lead me to believe they’re a bad company or put out a bad product. Granted I may never put a thousand rounds through mine, but so far it’s been a good one.
Now if you want to recommend another company and particular suppressor, I’m all ears. Hard for me to speak better or worse on something if I only have one brand. I thought of trying another, but if the first one treats you right it’s hard to move away.

To elaborate by customer service I mean after the sale. They were very helpful on the buying end for me on all mine. I bought three from them mainly due to wanting to support a South Dakota company.

Once I had a problem - different story. My Banish 30 bulged last fall and they have been nearly impossible to deal with. Waited on hold 30+ minutes multiple times only to be told I'd be called back which they never did. Many emails saying someone would contact me but never anything but ghosted.

Finally (42 days after issue) I spoke with Tyler who actually looked at the photos I submitted and all the previous efforts I had made to get some help. He apologized, acknowledged the problem and personally "fast tracked" my claim. Solid guy.

They recieved my suppressor for warranty on 12-27-23 and said it would be resolved in 2-3 weeks. Crickets ever since. I tried to get a hold of Tyler once during our night season but never heard back. After going our entire season without and all the previous times they ignored I've just considered it a loss and an expensive, aggravating lesson learned.

Now as far as a better product, I'd bet on TBAC. Simply based on my local gun store owners recommendation (vets I personally know and trust - local to Kirsch too ironically). They sell them but only because they know they are solid and haven't had one issue. They have checked several Banish suppressors to be out of square and explained how the solid design is superior.

This is not to say people can have good luck with the Banish line and I hope everyone who owns one does but if your looking to buy one I'd strongly recommend looking elsewhere. If not for quality reasons most certainly for customer support.

As far as bad reviews, I'd offer thier profile rating on Better Business Bereau is 1.6 out of 5. With 69 complaints in the last 3 years.

Happy Memorial Day

P&Y, thanks for the detailed response. Any idea what happened to cause the "bulge"? I can certainly understand your frustration with those kinds of results. I'm glad that I had a better experience with them. I'm sort of surprised they didn't just send you directly to Mack Brothers for a repair, but I guess it could have been a warranty issue that had to go through them.

My speculation is it didn't have the wall strength to handle the pressure. They asked what caliber and barrel length I was using (average length non magnum 6mm and 6.5s) so that added to my theory.

Back