Baiting

Here is a picture from last night just like he fell. I'll post the video in this same message later this morning. It was another pretty good-sized male and rather heavy. I guess that southern fried chicken was agreeing with him......until he stayed too long in "Death Valley".

#64 by Double Up, on Flickr

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
That fried chicken was paw-licking good. I remain impressed with the clarity of the scope on 6x.

Good point pointing out the clarity. I like my Pulsar XQ50 but it doesn't compare to whatever DU is running.

Is he ready yet? Shootem now?? or WAIT lol.

Yxl02K8.jpg

Daylight coyote #9 came in while I was making breakfast. I spotted it out of the kitchen window before the chime sounded and got on the rifle quickly. I should have hit the nuc button one more time but got the shot off and put the coyote on the ground.

Impact was at a raking angle. Lots of damage and stuff going on that wouldn't photograph well. Coyote made it about ten yards with no follow up shot offered or required.

Congratulations, I see you're still getting one along. It's about over for me this year. I did have one to visit a couple weeks back, but that night I didn't put out any food, so all he got was a smell. He hasn't been back. Temps close to 100 here today, and a big thunderstorm about to hit us in less than half an hour.

Back