Baiting

I called in a pair last night. It was my buddy's turn to shoot and he made a nice 200 yd. shot on a female. I didn't have a decent shot on the male after he shot the female. Unfortunately my partner's video failed to download correctly and he deleted it from the scope. I did the best I could with the video from my Apex XQ50 below. Here is a picture of the young female he killed. I thought you Baiters might enjoy my hunt while you're waiting for another coyote to show.

#50 by Double Up, on Flickr

Yep, you darn right we enjoy seeing your adventures while we are waiting for the next one to show up! Nice job. Pass along congrats!

bait

Good job as usual, DoubleUp.

A coyote has been at my site for the past two consecutive nights, so I may have to come out of retirement for the second time. It doesn’t appear to be with pups nor nursing. I plan to put the thermal on a brand new 6mm Remington Ruger American Predator. Got a load worked up the other day with 58 gr. V-Max, but need to sight it in. Problem is I will be busy for the next couple of days, so won’t be able to do that nor stay at the shack for a bit.

Now you're talkin 06...coming back out of retirement! Get r done! Standing by for pics.
My sites are all but dead. However, they are howling in my valley about every night, just not stopping by the buffet. Get after em!

My hunting partner was busy tonight, so I had to go it alone. Picked this one up before 9 while it wasn't quite good and dark. He was coming in hot on a string, and he died on the spot.

Here is the video:

The way the potatoes are planted in high rows with big drains across the rows and then valleys in between the rows, it looked like she was running along the drains and then moving down a valley to the next drain which isn't always exactly opposite of the one across a ditch into another cut. I had cut the sound so she was stopping to try and locate it. Here she is just the way she fell. I had to go back to find her this morning. I thought she was in the same cut that I was in, but she was about 25 feet across the ditch into the next cut at about 75 yds.

#51 by Double Up, on Flickr

Another one for you Baiters. I had to go by myself again tonight. Called this one in before it was really dark. Well, moon was full, but I had some shade in the field at about 8:35 and I was able to set up right next to the woods which also gave me shade and a good background. Decent size male.

#52 by Double Up, on Flickr

Just don't come for my AR and you'll be fine.
smile.gif

Back