Baiting

Nice work GG! Stay after em and have fun! I'm assuming .223 out of your R15 on that fox, what bullet are you using? And, at what distances? I have a fox trip lined up in January. I think I have a pretty good combo put together to not blow them up, but was just curious.

First attempt at posting from flickr will have to get educated on how to just post pictures, but for now hope this works. pictures from the scaffold blind that I use as requested by 6. Please me know if you can view them. https://flic.kr/ps/3V3qZp

Last edited:
Danny- I was able to view 5 pictures of your set up in Flickr. Not sure how many you uploaded. You do have the setup going on there. Very nice. I'm jealous of your wood stove, as I hunt without heat.
Is your bait out yet?

BP - My R-15 likes the Hornady Superformance varmint 53gr V-MAX. Actually that's all I use in the gun. It often exits pretty nasty.According to my fur handler the fur market has about bottomed out and he's not taking my stuff this year. Coons -1.00 Reds -2.50 to 3.00.

Again, I hunt by sound, so my shots are close, about 30 - 35 yards. As I age, that will most likely change! Lol!
Good luck on your fox hunt in January and hope to see some pics.

W.E. Its a corn feeder for deer season, and a puppy dog food feeder for predator season. Set the spin timer for what ever time you want it to feed and how long it runs, can have multi feed times. Added four more pictures taken in the area by the blind.

Last edited:

Thanks DannyK. I love seeing everyone’s setup. Yours has always been very interesting. Also, you were the one who introduced me to the window foam as a means of keeping light from being seen from outside, and keeping cold air out. It has worked great for me. You have a very nice blind / shack.

Nice set up DannyK. Enjoyed the pics. How often do you get out there and do you have multiple trail cams set up around your bait area?

I currently have 3 cameras around mine. Had 4, but lost one due to a large tree falling and smashing one of them a while back. Multiple camera angles sometimes pays off in my area, but havent seen a thing in about 3 weeks. Seems like all the yotes just disappeared as of late, but I knocked them back fairly hard this summer when the shots were available.

A good friend of mine also lives in the UP. I get invited to come hunt every year but havent made it up there yet. Hopefully next year I can make the trip up and see some of that part of the country.

The site is about a mile from my home at a friends property, we hunt together or alone, has a camp there also, so I can go whenever I like. Been wanting to use the ATN now for a while, but the yotes aren't cooperating. Usually only run one or two camera's. Also have a ground blind on the edge of the swamp that is used for bear hunting mostly. The four wildlife pictures of the bear, coyote, and fisher were taken from that blind with a trail camera. Got a call from a friend that traps beaver, offered all his carcasses for predator hunting, things are looking up.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dannykThe site is about a mile from my home at a friends property, we hunt together or alone, has a camp there also, so I can go whenever I like. Been wanting to use the ATN now for a while, but the yotes aren't cooperating. Usually only run one or two camera's. Also have a ground blind on the edge of the swamp that is used for bear hunting mostly. The four wildlife pictures of the bear, coyote, and fisher were taken from that blind with a trail camera. Got a call from a friend that traps beaver, offered all his carcasses for predator hunting, things are looking up.

Coyote candy!

Helped my retired marine BIL put a new barrel on his Savage 110 fp. It was a 308, due to health issues he didn't think he could handle the recoil. Neither of us had done a prefit or any rifle barrel change,but ordered tools accomplished the mission. He has a very accurate Shilen 26" 22-250 varmint rifle now. This break allowed my bait site a couple days of "rest". I went out last night(about 4pm), pulled the cam card. Sitting in the blind, reviewing pics revealed a coyote between 10-10:30 pm last 2 nights. I saw her on the bait at 10:15, shot her at 10:24. That makes 3 out of the hay field. Saw 6 deer and 2 opossum. The last opossum left about 9:40 so I figured it was close to coyote time.

Well Spot, you are now officially hooked on baiting. Great work on #3!! Would love to see a pic or two at some point. Fairly easy with Flickr. I don't recall...which rifle, caliber, and bullet are you shooting? Good job!

Purdy work GG and Spotstalk. Been really slow for me this year, no coyotes, only foxes and we can't shoot them at night.

Last edited:
Back