Baiting

Same to you, Gobbler and to everyone a Merry Christmas. May the Lord richly bless you and your families and may we truly strive for peace on Earth and good will toward men.

Gobbler, the camera is a 16 mp with a 0.7 second trigger speed. I got it on sale at Bass Pro a few months back. The camera does indeed have a very sharp and clear image. However, at times the camera has a flickering light, sometimes even in the same video where it's sharp initially and then begins to flicker. Not sure what is causing it but like with most everything else, there are problems sometimes. I need to contact Bushnell. I love the camera otherwise.

Merry Christmas to all!

Great video! Those yotes seem very relaxed compared to the ones I get see around here. Much more skittish but then again they get shot at all the time. I've got 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams and the pics are very clear and they work great. Ordering two more in the next couple of days. My experiences with trail cams is that they only last so long - maybe 2-3 years and then many of them develop problems or stop working. Bushnell has replaced every one I've returned no questions asked and no matter how old they are so for me that kind of warranty and CS is what keeps me going back to them.

Burn, I have seen coyotes that were very nervous at the site and would barely stand still without looking around the area. Some even look up in a walnut tree at the site as if they expect danger. I have had coyotes stare at the IR light mounted on my rifle and show no sign of being scared. Others don't like it. I have had coyotes nudge my camera and put their face right into it when the camera was recording video, and yet others jump and run when it turns on, so I guess they are individuals with various experiences and tolerances.

Nice job, Gobbler. The X-Sight worked like a charm. As DoubleUp eluded to, you are getting honed for the big coyote event. Looking forward to that one.

Thanks fellas. I'm picking up some fresh deer carcasses this week so maybe that will help liven things up a bit around the bait piles.
6mm, your 16mp Bushnell camera looks just as vivid and sharp as my Browning 20 and 22 mp I'm running this year. Very nice.

Good luck GG. Fresh meat should do the trick hopefully

I picked up 2 more early this morning on my cams. One was the biggin' I've been after for at least a year. Was out for a couple hours hunting tonight but they didnt show. Saw a fox that hung around for about 10 minutes. Shortly thereafter a couple of coons and possums showed up. After a bit they scattered and climbed trees. Got on the gun and just got a glimpse of something big approaching with the thermal and then some idiots up the street started a blasting frenzy with pistols and a shotgun and/or rifle. Whatever was out there left so I called it a night. Might have been the fox returning but I guess I'll never know.

I don't care if this has been posted in three places. When it takes you till 70 yrs young to accomplish something, you deserve a little leeway. We had already taken the setup down and gone to bed. I won't dare say what either one of us was wearing for this "hunt". (it was cool outside). She had to use a quickie make shift rest so it took some time to get steady enough for the shot. Score one for the home team.

Kay's first coyote.

Tk4UFLH.jpg

Hey, congrats to Ms. Weekender for a nice job on the first coyote.

I haven't had time lately for staying the night at the cabin for bait hunting, so thought I would try some calling near the barn, which is about 200 yards or so from the cabin. I haven't done any calling much for quite a while. Called this one up tonight and missed two shots. It all happened so fast and by the time I got video going, the coyote had stopped, turned and was leaving. The first shot appears to be low, but not by much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SQ8nr0TxVY&index=2&list=UU81nCZByzsnwkuHReRQNMwQ&t=0

Back