Baiting

Ha DU..I'm starting to highly doubt it!!! We are in a winter storm warning right now with 5"-10" inbound for us. GEEEEEESHHH!!!!! I won't be hunting morrell mushrooms til July!!!

Fine looking build BP and congrats on the latest addition to the dead pile. Looks like the new piece is putting them where the crosshair is.

Well folks...the snow is gone and the bait is really getting rotten!!! But...I still have coyotes coming in and tearing it up!! So, every once in a while, you have to be reminded that you still have to run the gun!!! I was brought back to reality again last evening with a plum bad shot MISS!! Oh yah...just a poor, rushed, jerk the trigger, get all excited, stupid yank the shot!!! On the 170 yd site, .22-250...AAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH...($%#&^&^$@(*&^&^!!!!!!!! Okay, I think I feel a little better now...or NOT
smile.gif

Stay after em guys if you still got em!!!!

I've looked but can't find a way to shut off the recoil activated video, don't really need it running when sighting in the rifle, I guess it could tell me if I jerk the trigger though. Food for thought I found a old scope cover that fits the IR illuminator perfectly, tied the elastic in a knot and cut off the access to protect the lens. Finally back in the UP, way to much snow to think of getting to camp to sight in the rifle.

Danny, the RAV function is in the menu. As you scroll left or right you will see various icons in the center circle. Once you find the icons for wifi, ballistic calculator etc., you need to then press the up or down button to find the proper icon for the RAV. When a certain icon is in the center, words will appear at the top of the screen telling you which one you are on. Arrow up or down to find the RAV icon so that it is in the center. When you press the enter button it will put a diagnal line through it to indicate it has been turned off. If you press enter again it will remove the diagnal line. Have the line selected to turn off the RAV. Hope this helps.

Last evening on my 130 yd site. Nice little male. Now I feel better from my last miss
smile.gif
. This one took a 50 gr SP from the .22-250 at about 3750 fps. I was hoping to have an opportunity to check terminal damage with this bullet...about a nickel sized exit, so not too bad. #19 on the season. I have NO idea where all of these yotes are coming from this year...but I'm not complaining!!! DRT!!!
4-29130 (2) by jrhranch, on Flickr

Caught this dark phase young female in the field last night. I didn't take time to get out the 6mm Parvo and thermal. I took the shot at 125 yds. with my Ruger Predator 243 and Photon 4.6XT with a doubler attached. Unfortunately I had to use the weapon mounted IR so they video isn't the best and there is white out blindness at the shot as well. I didn't find any visible entry or exit.

. by Double Up, on Flickr

Coyote visits have corresponded to my shooting hours with the dark moon early. Got this one tonight. Caught this one on the bait pile just about 9 o'clock. Hit him a little far back as he stepped forward right at the shot, but the 243 is bad juju. Here is a picture. Unfortunately not a very flattering one for the coyote since he fell over in the ditch and got wet. Video below.

. by Double Up, on Flickr

Great stuff, DoubleUp.

Just now got to see your posts and videos via my iphone. I am in Georgia at the moment on a hog hunt. Got a sow last night while using the X-Sight. Hog hunting is fun stuff, but you coyote videos got me fired up.

6, are you liking that scope, hopefully I'll get mine sighted in soon with a little weather cooperation. Coyotes are getting vocal in the morning.

Outstanding once again DU!!! All my coyotes evidently moved on towards your place!! What was it...Kentucky Fried Chicken something or other??? Good Job!!!

Originally Posted By: dannyk6, are you liking that scope, hopefully I'll get mine sighted in soon with a little weather cooperation. Coyotes are getting vocal in the morning.

Danny, I have been on the run so lately that I haven't had time to respond to your question. I did manage to post a recent hog hunt in that forum this morning if you want to check it out. I talked some about the X-Sight. I will follow up here later once I have time to sit at a computer. I am on my iphone right now, which makes it difficult to write a good review.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...867#Post3147867

I saw something last night that I never thought I would see, and thought you guys might be interested. I saw what I thought was two coyotes about 10:30 last night out in the field behind my house apparently stalking several deer in the field. Both of the coyotes were lying down with just their heads appearing on the thermal. Eventually one of them got up and started working to the north while the other one stayed put.

I figured the one working to the north was trying to get around behind a group of deer and panic them to run back toward the other coyote which was still hiding. That didn't pan out as the deer kept moving ahead of the herder, and he came back and went to the bait that I had in the field. About that time a big yellow tom cat that frequents my bait pile also arrived at the bait. I thought as soon as the cat saw the coyote that he would haul butt, but he didn't.

Instead the coyote was on one side of the ditch and the tom cat on the pond side where I also put out some chicken scraps. The cat didn't run from the coyote and they both held their ground a long time (over 15 minutes) while eating. So I shot some video with the thermal and the Photon both. The coyote did jump a couple of times like he wanted the cat to run, but he wasn't having any part of it.

The other coyote eventually moved off out of my sight and let out a howl. The one I had been watching immediately left the bait pile and howled back before starting toward the other one that I could not see out behind my shop. It was most interesting. I could have killed the one on the bait easily, but will get him later hopefully. I'd really love to get the two coyotes lined up and kill two with one shot. The 55 gr. Nosler BT's always shoot through a coyote using the 6x45 (6mm Parvo) while the 58 v-max almost never exits using the 243. If I can get them lined up I'll go for the 6x45 otherwise probably use the 243 with the added magnification.

I hope you guys enjoy the short pieces of video. I had several minutes but shortened it a lot to avoid a long upload time. You will even notice some deer moving back behind the coyote. They were moving back in the direction of the second coyote, so I don't know if it caught one of the deer and that was why it howled and the other one immediately went to it.

Back