backpack for hunting

Coyotejunki

I am looking for a backpack setup that I can carry my essentials, rifle, chair, caller, shooting sticks. I use a 3 legged chair because I like to be elevated to see over some of the cactus and mesquite.

What setup are you guys using that do this?

If Mojo still made the Critter Sitter, I'd say get one. I use one and love it. Shirt of that, a basic backpack is a good place to start. Some of the vests available now are also pretty nice. I think Tenzig makes a nice one and Cabela's has a coyote lounger of some type that seems decent.

Last edited:
I use a back scabbard by Nimrod, I carry my call in a seperate bag so I can set it out with out having to take the scabbard off.

My nephew uses a scabard by Erbelstock that he attached a set of padded shoulder straps to

This one in camo.

https://www.amazon.com/Eberlestock-Side-...8HWS283N5J4H87R

enter these really work well on skis or bike.

The coyotes hate them though, note his and mine along side of me.

I used a three leg stool this year and shove the shooting sticks alongside the rifle and loop the stool strap over the sticks.

I also started using a set of XC ski poles painted camo for hiking poles and shooting sticks, nice for the old man when hiking out of canyons/draws.

Last edited:
I use the Eberlestock Gunslinger 2. A little expensive and a bit bigger but you can go WAAAYYYYY back and it's is comfy.

Xbkkf1t.jpg

Last edited:
I'm not in a position to test or peddle backpacks but have some experience with them.
A friend has the Eberlestock that is good.
When looking for a new pack I tried most made and found that Badlands had a lot to offer including fit/comfort that lasted even when tired.
The features, fit and guarantee sold me. A feeling that I never lost.

I wish someone would design a pack for predator hunters that would fit a chair, call, remote, ammo, extra batteries, drag, etc. I currently use an eberlestock and it is the best I’ve had so far but I have to carry the call in my hand. When dragging a critter out, it can be tiring.

I bought the the Alps Outdoorz Comander frame (external) and backpack a short time back when Midway had it on sale for $100.IMO nothing comes close for the price.There's several vids on Youtube showing all the features and how versatile it is.Even at Midways regular price you cant go wrong.

I use the gun runner as well, only problem I have with the pack is it don't fit an AR to well. I usually have to carry the mag separate in a pouch. It also likes to spin turrets coming in and out.

Originally Posted By: Johnny BI wish someone would design a pack for predator hunters that would fit a chair, call, remote, ammo, extra batteries, drag, etc. I currently use an eberlestock and it is the best I’ve had so far but I have to carry the call in my hand. When dragging a critter out, it can be tiring.

Just get a larger Eberlestock, look at the G4 Operator it'll fit everything you mentioned plus some.

Originally Posted By: ZTry a beard buster. Google it.
Yea that looks like a turkey hunters seat, (beard Buster), but I said I don't want to sit on the ground, I prefer to be elevated to see over things, like mesquite and such. Plus I am looking for a rifle scabbard and a place to stick my caller.

I think the Eberlestock, mini-me, might work, but I will look into what Skinney recommended too.

I ordered a double soft case that came with backpacks straps holds my shotgun rifle and calls but I still have to carry in my chair think it was about 40bucks on Amazon.

Any of you guys wanting a pack that will hold a rifle and a shotgun should look at Steve Criners pack. I believe it’s calked Dual Mod. It is very well built and can be adapted to suit your needs.

Back