ATV question for you fine folks at PM

MR.Poppadoplis You won't be fit to walk a long distance or get up from a sitting position unless you use a full height chair. I had my knee replaced in Nov. last year and was told a year before the knee would be completely healed. Most days if I twist or put sudden side pressure on my foot it will make you want to pee your pants,I'M NOT KIDDING. In a month you will maybe off the walker but you will still be dependent on a cane for a few months and be going to physical therapy 3 times a week. I'm not trying to discourage you just give you a heads up on what is coming.The Dr. has never had pain like what you will have so all they know is what they read in a book.Good luck and let me know how you come out.Tom

Bear,

It is a knee cleanout, not a replacement. Doc says that is years down the road.

It is a torn Meniscus, Loose Cartilage and a bone spur that will be filed down.

He said no Ice Hockey for a month.

I will be after those stinking Coyotes come October.................

I have an '02 Can Am Traxter and absolutely love it! The step through seat looks odd, but when one has a bad back, it sure beats swinging the leg up and over the seat.
I've been looking hard at a way to quieten the exhaust as well. Looked at the Kolpin stealth system, but the mounting system is too mickey mouse for the price. I was told by one guy to buy a very small automotive muffler and make a hanging bracket for it and it's just as good

Just had my left knee scoped yesterday.....tore the exact same thing, crutches yesterday, and down to one crutch today. doc said off of work about 4 weeks but should be walking fairly good by this weekend.....good luck with yours

Originally Posted By: bob9Just had my left knee scoped yesterday.....tore the exact same thing, crutches yesterday, and down to one crutch today. doc said off of work about 4 weeks but should be walking fairly good by this weekend.....good luck with yours

Hey Bob9,

Doctor says no Ice Hockey for a month and I can handle that!

Thanks for the "Good Luck" and I will be out and about walking in a few days.

This little adventure started on the ranch one afternoon and we didn't get back to the house 'til just after dark. It was about 20 days after the full replacement of my left knee. Couldn't have done it without the Rubicon. (-:

This pic was taken the next morning. Had to call in a favor to get these cats skinned.

When the Cur Dog strikes you just gotta follow as best you can. The things she gets me into. LOL

I only use Polaris now, I have not found anything that rides smoother, and gets the work done as easily... Polaris IMHO is years ahead of the game, when it comes to innovation, looks, design and flat out performance... I'm getting another 900 Crew wrapped in Multicam as we speak for this years hunting season, just waiting for Polaris to put the 1000cc in the new Rangers! the Can Am commander is alright, I know a guy who has a 1000, we ran it next to the 900 RZR and it's not fair to compare... Now the 1000 RZR is out and I have a good buddy that has one of those, I can't even talk about it, without getting a warm and fuzzy feeling, basically it's like a transformer on roids, 1-2ft washouts are nothing for that machine to float over... My experience, for Play or covering a lot of distance quickly and smoothly the RZR is a winner, For work, and still getting from A to B quick and smoothly while carrying a payload up to 1500lbs the Ranger is the machine of my choice.

Line em out... #gearedup #Coyotehunter #polarisranger #Coyotehunting #majorleaguecoyotehunter #predatorhuntingsuppressed www.oneillops.com A photo posted by James O'Neill (@oneillops) on Dec 28, 2014 at 12:08pm PST

Skinney,
Not sure what I want. I had an 800 ranger at one time. Wasn't that impressed with it.

Not really looking for anything as far as sporty and I really like the 1000 Rotax engine on the Can-am.

Too many choices!

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSkinney,
Not sure what I want. I had an 800 ranger at one time. Wasn't that impressed with it.

Really? I had a couple 800's and would consistently put over 6K miles on them annually, with hundreds of total tons of payload along the way, over terrain most wouldn't imagine... No machine than I know of has the weight capability and durability those machines ever gave me... All our neighbors had the Honda UTV and Yamaha UTV's, not even on the same level, so much so, that they have Rangers now... Nothing against personal opinions as that's simply what I'm laying out, Ford's a Ford, Chevy's a Chevy, but Polaris has been the only way out for what we do.
Keep us posted on what you decide, looking forward to seeing your new rig!

Originally Posted By: skinneyOriginally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisSkinney,

Really? I had a couple 800's and would consistently put over 6K miles on them annually, with hundreds of total tons of payload along the way, over terrain most wouldn't imagine... No machine than I know of has the weight capability and durability those machines ever gave me... All our neighbors had the Honda UTV and Yamaha UTV's, not even on the same level, so much so, that they have Rangers now... Nothing against personal opinions as that's simply what I'm laying out, Ford's a Ford, Chevy's a Chevy, but Polaris has been the only way out for what we do.
Keep us posted on what you decide, looking forward to seeing your new rig!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many choices!

I may look at the Ranger again in the 900. I like the fact you can get full cab enclosures with this things nowadays.

Does yours have a heater in it Skinney?

I will keep all posted:)

Been eyeballin' the new Kawasaki Mule Pro myself. Not many others out there with seating for my family of five. Seems like a dandy machine.

I faced the same dilemma years ago. After considering the cost of a new UTV, I bought a Jeep Rubicon. Heat, A/C and legal for street use.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Poppadopalis
Does yours have a heater in it Skinney?

I will keep all posted:)

Yes sir! getting spoiled this winter with some heated seats even, LOL!

Originally Posted By: cmatera I faced the same dilemma years ago. After considering the cost of a new UTV, I bought a Jeep Rubicon. Heat, A/C and legal for street use.
You are correct. I have a jeep Wrangler and a Kawasaki Mule. Both have their place, but if I could only have one, it would be the Jeep because of the convenience of just getting in and driving it.

I been contemplating a side by side myself. But I think I might buy a jeep too when was the last time u saw a side by side with 150000 miles on it.

Originally Posted By: devildogg when was the last time u saw a side by side with 150000 miles on it.

About the same time you saw a Jeep that was belt driven, LOL!

My biased Minnesota opinion, because I have a Ranger and Polaris has a plant in Roseau, is that the Rangers are bulletproof and can more than pull their weight. Just my two cents.

Back