ATN Thor HD 384 1.25-5

bmgreen91

Been looking into getting my first thermal scope. I have been looking at reviews and some sights give this Thermal good reviews. 2 things have me worried though, and looking for different thoughts. 1. Is the 1.25-5 enough power? for the most part I hunt crop fields, and although I probably could get some 200 + yard shots in some places, I would most likely not take the shot anyway, so with that being said all shot would be sub 200 yards. 2. I have a buddy that has a ATN scope, and he has had nothing but issues with it, and if he had the money to drop he would toss the ATN in the lake, and go buy something with a different name. So is ATN a reputable name, and or should I say is it worth my time and or money to buy this optic.

All in all I am looking for your advise, and if you own this optic let me know about your experience good and bad. Thank you in advance.

I’m in the market for a thermal as well. While ATN has a lot of options, and they advertise a lot more than any other, they seem to have a disproportionate amount of problems too. They seem to be mostly firmware related, and not so much physical defect. All my reading up on the subject leads me away from anything ATN, though if they get the bugs out their product has promise. I just don’t want to be part of their beta testing!

Last edited:
Back