ATF (what goes on that takes so long)????

The real question should be "why does a second one take just as long ?". All the checks have been completed, if in a 365 day window should be a rubber stamp and out the door. When I get my first in hand, I'm going to call my two Dem Senators and ask?

The real question is why do we need a stamp to begin with. It takes less time to build a custom gun than to get a suppressor, it makes no sense.

Why do you need to go through the same BS to get the second one you should just be able to pay $200 and have a stamp sent to you next week

Originally Posted By: TKCattleThe real question is why do we need a stamp to begin with. It takes less time to build a custom gun than to get a suppressor, it makes no sense.

because someone passed a law that says so, and we now have to deal with it. its called reality.

i agree - it SHOULDNT be necessary - however thats not the world we currently live in.

I support removing suppressors from the NFA, but until such a time as that actually becomes reality we all get to enjoy the same line ride while we wait for our stamps to be approved.

Originally Posted By: willy1947

I called last week to ATF to check on my Form 1, SBR.
The lady was very nice, told me they are running eight months.
They have had mine for 6 1/2 months, looks like June.

It is almost September and no Form 1 SBR from BATF.
Logged in October 19 2017. I just got my can last year.
I even have a U-PIN and CCW.

I was at the gun shop today and a guy was picking up his suppressor. He started his paper work on 2-13-18 and got the OK to get it today. About 7 months. Not to bad.

Back