Arizona- Sunday, May 12 is deadline to submit public comment on proposal to restrict predator hunting contests

Originally Posted By: UtahcallerUntil people stop posting there hero pictures of dead coyotes all over the internet these kind of things are going to continue to happen in States. I’ve been guilt of posting pictures several years ago but don’t at all anymore especially on any social media sites.You are just fueling the fire when you do it.

Completely agree with this ^.

You're fooling yourself if you think posting hunting pictures on social media actually improves things.

Originally Posted By: tawnoperOriginally Posted By: UtahcallerUntil people stop posting there hero pictures of dead coyotes all over the internet these kind of things are going to continue to happen in States. I’ve been guilt of posting pictures several years ago but don’t at all anymore especially on any social media sites.You are just fueling the fire when you do it.

You're fooling yourself if you think posting hunting pictures on social media actually improves things.

So why don't we outlaw pics here on PM. I think that's a great idea....
thumbdown.gif

Originally Posted By: crapshootOriginally Posted By: tawnoperOriginally Posted By: UtahcallerUntil people stop posting there hero pictures of dead coyotes all over the internet these kind of things are going to continue to happen in States. I’ve been guilt of posting pictures several years ago but don’t at all anymore especially on any social media sites.You are just fueling the fire when you do it.

So why don't we outlaw pics here on PM. I think that's a great idea....
thumbdown.gif

Social media. Facebook, Instagram etc. Predator Masters is not social media.

Might as well be. Pictures are here for the viewing, free of charge and open to the public.

At least on FB you can limit who is able to view your stuff if you so choose.

Originally Posted By: iowayotehunter76
Telling a non hunter you are against contest hunting, but a big advocate of hunting predators is not going to gain you anything. Only a bunch of uneducated confused voters.

This is exactly what HAS gained me all the properties I get to hunt. Landowners welcome someone to come help remove chicken/calf/quail/turkey/deer eaters while at the same time detest the contest activities. They have been well-educated by bad experiences, are not afraid to tell other "non-hunters" and are far from confused on the issue.

Dont be fooled into thinking that pictures are the problem. While they may use some of them for their cause, that is not why they are out to shut down contests. Also don't be fooled into thinking that they are only after the contests. They have just changed their strategy and this is the beginning. I believe they realized they could not go straight after all predator hunting so stepped back and reorganized. They are going to go after a little at a time. If you give in to any of it, plan on losing it all. Either ALL HUNTERS stick together or all are going to lose in the end.

These people are dangerous. They would rather watch you die than a coyote. Having dealt with these people in Las Cruces, NM and Tucson Arizona I can tell you they do not care about you, your rights or any thing else you like. They are persistent and dangerous.

Anyone that believes that not posting pictures or giving in to banning contests is going to get them to stop are fools. In fact, they will turn it around and use it in their favor.

I am in no way saying bad pictures are not a problem but pictures in general are not. They have an agenda on their mind and it is not because of them. They are large and well organized. Not just a small group of people. Like Lance said, everything here is free and accessible to the public. Including all the comments made being against contests. Don't think they don't use that stuff as well to show even hunters are against contests or anything else. If you don't like to participate in something then don't but you might want to think twice before posting arguments about stuff for them to use.

Radicals just love when you give a little. It emboldens them to push for more restrictions. Responsible upstanding hunters educating non-hunters is the only way to save hunting.

Pictures of pets killed by coyotes should be posted to show the results of to many predators. City people are emotional and sympathetic when it comes to animals but that cuts both ways..

Originally Posted By: BradsbirdsOriginally Posted By: iowayotehunter76
Telling a non hunter you are against contest hunting, but a big advocate of hunting predators is not going to gain you anything. Only a bunch of uneducated confused voters.

This is exactly what HAS gained me all the properties I get to hunt. Landowners welcome someone to come help remove chicken/calf/quail/turkey/deer eaters while at the same time detest the contest activities. They have been well-educated by bad experiences, are not afraid to tell other "non-hunters" and are far from confused on the issue.

You are playing with fire Mr. 100%. You sold old out and others will do the same to you. It's only a matter of time.

Originally Posted By: iowayotehunter76 You sold old out and others will do the same to you. It's only a matter of time.

Make a big mess, step in it, refuse to clean it up, then blame someone else when you get spanked. Sounds all to familiar nowadays.

Originally Posted By: BradsbirdsOriginally Posted By: iowayotehunter76 You sold old out and others will do the same to you. It's only a matter of time.

Make a big mess, step in it, refuse to clean it up, then blame someone else when you get spanked. Sounds all to familiar nowadays.

Blaming the many for the actions of a few is a classic fallacy. Why stop at BLAMING those guys who hunt in contests? Why not blame ALL hunters for the unethical, unprofessional, tasteless actions of a FEW predator hunters? There are plenty of unethical hunters out there. Guys who poach, or who are reckless.

I don't go around blaming ALL predator hunters just because a couple of guys break the rules. So maybe you shouldn't try pinning the responsibility on EVERY contest hunter. I have hunted in contests. I have NO problem with obeying the laws while I am in them. I hunt contests like I hunt on just about every weekend. I post pics on PM and on my FB page when I go hunting. They are tasteful pics. But you want to blame me for this "mess" just because I hunt in contests? THAT is the problem, when the anti's can get us to turn on each other. That is sad.

Quote: THAT is the problem, when the anti's can get us to turn on each other. That is sad.

35112055543_0e34c7f7ea_o.jpg

Regards,

hm

What is amazing, is that if the government pays a bounty as to eliminate as many coyotes as possible or hires professional trappers to do the same because nobody else is doing it, that's ok. But when the private sector comes up with a way to encourage people to eliminate some coyotes free to the taxpayer, that's bad.

People have lost their minds..

I think a lot of the issue is the fear that Arizona is turning or will turn into California. And that scares the [beeep] out of me!!

My advice is that AZ hunters and sportsman need to come together and organize. The clock has already started. If you do nothing, you will eventually have nothing. These elected officials need to be voted out.

Back