Are you seeing larger coyotes than before?

i figure alot of guys that just hunt from October to February call in alot of pups that are weighing about 15-20 lbs or so by now. so when they call in an adult that is 2 or 3 or 4 years old, they look like a giant.

im speaking of coyotes in my region. i know the northern coyotes are bigger. and of course the eastern coyotes are as big as wolves!

I shot this one 2 weeks ago N. Central Texas that tipped the scale at 43 lbs. Saw one same size or larger about 2 days later.
url]

Last edited:
I got this one N. Central Texas 2 weeks ago that tipped the scale at 43 lbs. Largest one I have ever shot. Saw one a couple of days later same size.
photo_zps3d7e5c03.jpg

Originally Posted By: bjlattI got this one N. Central Texas 2 weeks ago that tipped the scale at 43 lbs. Largest one I have ever shot. Saw one a couple of days later same size.
photo_zps3d7e5c03.jpg
thats a nice yoter

Originally Posted By: the impactzoneI can't find the pc but the coydog I shot had pink gums not liver color like a coyote

Pink gums like this really old coyote I killed a couple of years ago.

The coydogs I have seen(pictures) don’t really look enough like a coyote that if I called one in that I would shoot it. They look like stray dogs and I don’t shoot dogs... I shoot coyotes.

Last edited:
Back